Thread: A knob for the steering wheele

A knob for the steering wheele

Iv'e got hydraulic steering and was wondering if anyone knows who sells a knob that fits onto the steering wheele, it would sure make quick tight turns a lot more easier.

Robin

Re: A knob for the steering wheele

Talk to your friendly local CAT dealer. They usually have a few in stock for their loaders etc. They are probably expensive though. Repco or Supercheap may have, or can probably order lower priced ones.

Cheers,

Simon

Big_Kev

Queensland Diesel Spares or Hyway Sunvisors Rocklea would be the go .
    My boat has a loose nut on the steering wheel but thats just me LOL
    Cheers Reel

G'day rwells,

Got one from Roger Jacobs auto shop, don't know if you have it up there, but that kinda shop that sells everything for cars. Without doubt THE BEST $15 i've spent on my boat. Can't understand why everybody doesnt have one, especially when I see guys around jetties or boatramps struggling with both hands to go full lock and manage the throttle at the same time!!!

A must have, imho.

Cheers
    Yockman

Blackwoods usually carry them. Think I may have seen them at Glascraft Marine the other day.

Clutter.

Thanks fellas, will try Glasscraft first.

Robin

Well I picked one up from Queensland Diesel Spares for $17 and tried it out yesterday, bloody great, I can now turn on a dime.
    Robin

I totally agree on the value of these - I got a cheapie from a car parts place on Saturday - used it from Sunday to Wednesday in some very windy creeks - what a difference!

It made the whole experience much easier - and not only in the windy creeks!

I don't expect the one I have to last, but I knew that when I got it - it was quite cheap. I'll be off to Diesel Spares next week to pick up a better one.

Robin, the pic shows the one you got to be fairly rugged. Is that the case?

No gripes with it. The metal is cad plated and I intend to replace the screws with s/steel anyway. I guess that if there is any sign of corosion I will just have to take it to bits and paint it.

Robin