Thread: Lowrance X51 owners

Lowrance X51 owners

I have just bought an X51 Lowrance sounder and I am having some difficulty fitting the transducer. To complicate things I am intending to mount the transducer so I can take it off when I occassionally cartop the boat. Has anyone had any success following the instructions exactly. I find the locating pieces are too small to handle without using silicon to stick them in place and the two rubber washers distort with the slightest pressure.
    They seem to have made the transducer mounting more complicated than it should be.

Re: Lowrance X51 owners

I'm sure it has the same set up as my X71. The rubber washers have to compress so don't be too worried about that. Tighten them enough so that the transducer doesn't kick up when travelling along. Took me a couple of trips until I was happy with it. Remember it was a bit fiddly but fitted as per instructions.

Cheers, Clutter.

aquarius

Mate i own a X51 and the only thing wrong with this transducer as i see it is that they are fixed unlike the older models which kick up on the swing bracket if by chance you hit some small obstruction in the water.
    Mate if you are going to take the transducer off and on maybe you should go for a suction cup mounting.
    I'm sure you will be more than happy with your new sounder.
    Cheers Brent

just be carefull an dont break your transducer like I have just done (x91) the replacement price will give you a heart attack. Up here in sunny Darwin I was quoated $259, and that is the transducer used by all of the above sounders, a bit scary when the x51 only costs $430. I broke mine where the pin gos through so I got out the epoxy and put it back together the best I could, remounted it and then epoxied it some more, it is now a fixed unit but in two full days on the water it has held together just fine.