Thread: pre purchase ponderings

pre purchase ponderings

G,day guys
    I will shortly be purchasing my very first fishing rig. I am going for something in the creek basher variety and looking to spend around $2000. My thoughts lead me to a old style flat bottom square nose punt. I know that this style does not ride well in chop but its only for creek bashing and sneeking throught the back streets at jumpipin. I will be buying second hand after looking through the trading post for the last couple of weeks, should be able to get boat trailer and donk in that price range. dosent have to be pretty, just functional. Any thoughts suggestions, pros or cons would be appreciated as i am not a walking boating encyclopeadia.
    Cheers
    Michael Kelly

Big_Kev

Re: pre purchase ponderings

Sounds like you know what you want.
    All you have to do now is find it.
    I would be looking for a V nose punt or even a 3.7m dingy for what you want and at least a 20hp to push it.
    That will open your market up some.
    Should serve you well and I would think that you will just get there with that sort of cabbage.
    Lots Of luck Reel.

Re: pre purchase ponderings

Yeah i agree with reel, go for about the 3.7m range with a 15hp for about $2000 - $3000. It would probly be about 4 or 5 years old which is pretty good, look in the trading post _ But remember that it can be a bit overpriced in there give em an offer in cash and see if they take it.

Cheers Lachie