Thread: Rod Holders???

Rod Holders???

I am looking to purchase some rod holders for the Defecator to use while travelling from one fishing spot to another. Preferably something to keep the rods off the floor and out of the way.

I already have some rocket launcher type holders but the rods tend to bounce around in them to much.

I'm sure one of you guys will be able to point me in the right direction. ??? ??? ???

Cheers,

Dominator.

Re: Rod Holders???

Hi Dom,

Have you thought about the thin rubber ones with an adhesive strip to stick to the side of your boat. I think you can fit about 6 rods through them.

It'll stop Sam from sitting on them and busting the Runners .

Cheers mate,

Craig.

What about modifying your rocket launchers. im thinking foam ruber around the top to stop the blanks getting damage and an elastic strap that goes from one side to the other over the real seats to hold em in nice and secure.
    cheers
    Michael

I think the thin rubber ones maybe the go as they will probably keep the rods upright and out of the way.

And yes Craig hopefully they will stop Sam from breaking them.

Cheers,

Dominator.

Dom
    I bought some Bermuda Rod Holders from Springwood Marine for $85 on Special, which hold 6 hods vertically, and are slide adjustable. I have used shock cord (similar to Jockey straps) when travelling in rough slop and it has been fine for the last 4 months. I carry a combination of Deep water and Estuary gear and move the Rod Holders, depending on what is needed or first in the racks etc.
    Depending on where you mount them, you should have no problems with Sammy and his sitting disgraces!!