Thread: fishing kayaks under $80

fishing kayaks under $80

I am thinking of buying myself a fishing kayak and am trying not to buy one over $80. I want one that can fit in the boot of a station wagon with the chairs folded down. Does anyone know a place to buy one under 80 bucks
    cheers Tom

CHRIS_aka_GWH

Re: fishing kayaks under $80

Tom,

you serious? Its hard to buy a decent secondhand surfboard for $80 - a broomstick & two table tennis rackets to power it would be extra. (just joking)

Top end fishing skis & kayaks cost multiple GGGs. Some lower end stuff below a grand new. For $80 you will be looking at a seriously second hand item.

I would be looking at garage sales & markets - often these are people trying to get rid of something rather than make a signifigant return on a single item like you find in a classified.

Classifieds like the trading post would give you a spread of whats selling. Then look at kayak & ski shops often they sell stuff for people who have traded up.

best of luck,
    chris

Also try some of the Cash Converters that are nowhere near water and ring them every now and then. Inala Cash Converters gets all sorts of stuff come through and anything to do with water sports I have noticed is really cheap. I guess they find it harder to offload but I got a GPS dirt cheap from Beenleigh Cash Converters with a warranty and the good thing was I talked them down in price even more-they had no idea on the new value.
    Cheers Luke

and the good thing about buying stuff from hock shops and markets is that it may be hot enough to keep you warm at night. Until someone steals it again.

Rick

it just helps the economy. so help the cycle continue

I bought a kyak for $60 from a garage sale about 2 years ago. I took me about 4 months to find it. You have just got to be in the right place at the right time.

Tell everyone you know that you are looking for one and get them to keep an eye out for you. Thats what I did and it worked out in the end.

Might be worth looking at a cheap surf ski as well.

Just a tought

Cheers

Jethro 8)

I have entered a competition to win a hobie mirage outback. It's about 4 metres long and comes with 4 moulded rod holders and is powered by pedals.