Thread: Rod "clutter" on boat

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

Rod "clutter" on boat

I've got 4 rocket launchers on board and when I'm fishing, 2 will have rods in them and the others will have a net and a gaff. Spare combos hang out on the deck of my 18' cuddy-tinny creating a bit of a mess (and yes, I have a few handlines to add to the confusion).

Can anyone suggest a good method for storing "loaded" rods? Feel free to show photos!

DaneCross

Re: Rod "clutter" on boat

Have had a similar problem and recently set about fixing it. I bought a set of these: http://www.bla.com.au/product_group.cfm?id=964&s=1 so recently I havn't fitted them to the boat so no pics yet I actually got the locking type so the rods dont shake free in the rough stuff.
    There are also the horizontal type: http://www.bla.com.au/product_group.cfm?id=965&s=1 depends on your type of boat and where/how much room you have.
    Hope this helps,
    Dane

Mad_Barry

Whiteman,

Here's another idea, (Mainly lure fishing, I hate rods sticking up all over the place).

If you have those waste of space type shelf/pocket things up the side, chop it out.

Mad_Barry

Grab the hole saw, (the sharp edges are covered in plastic tubing, sliced lengthways)

Mad_Barry

The foam holders are similar to the pics above, but have a velcro strap. They hold solid around the butt's.

I did the same up the other end to the front casting deck. Regular rubber type mounts in the the centre #& can fit 8 baitcasters/overheads ready to go. With the holes right through, they will also fit some long spin rods or those funny long waving around the air wands, if I ever get the urge for the dark side #

You can protect the tips if they intrude to where gear is stowed if needed by mounting a flush mounted gunnel type rod holder into the hole, or a length of poly pipe.

Top idea & great setup Dicko. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

WOW.. Awesome post there Dicko, looks like exactly what im after.. i usually carry 3 or 4 lure flicking sticks and a flyrod, then if ive got people fishing with me, they usually have 2 or 3 rods each.. thats alot of rods in a 4.3 meter boat... i like ur setup!

Tim

dicko
    how are the rods held in place further up the rod, or are they held in place at the butt. i cant make it out from the pictures.

Great Idea, where did you get the rubber/velcro holders - or are they 'custom made'??

John

CQ_Fisher

Dicko,

Thanks for the idea. I know what i'm doing on Saturday of the wind is blowing. Damn side pocket is useless.

CQ