Thread: HELP manual tilt

HELP manual tilt

Hi Guys
    i have a 25 hp mercury elect start but it is a manual tilt i was wondering if i can convert it to a power tilt as i am finding it very heavy for me to lift up and down..if this is possable anyone have any idea of the cost

regards Rayo

Re:  HELP manual tilt

a mate is doing this now to his older 65 merc.....got given the complete set-up off another boat,,all workin but a few lines were toast,,got a full set(lines) second hand for $165...wasnt real hard as this set-up must have been an option for his motor and is a straight bolt on virtually....
    paz

Hi Rayo,

I've been told around $750 to convert mine (same setup as yours). This was in passing conversation with the fella who services my motor. But for a new unit (installed) that's a ballpark figure.

Mickk

Aaron_Fogarty

Mate
    Might be worth trading up to the tilt model. If your gunna spend a grand on a tilt unit
    Just a thought!
    Aaron

Around $3500 will get you a brand new 2stroke with all the power bits. Considering my current motor is 15 years old I wont bother putting the tilt on at all. But thats MY situation not yours.

Mickk

I looked at it a while ago. Was told, not worth it (have old 25 evinrude). Save for a bit, get a newbie!
    Southwind SF20 'Piscatoreous'
    Savage 14ft tinny "About Time'

Rayo,

To save your back, health and sanity it may be worth it.

Mickk

gday rayo
    I've got a 98 omc 40 with the same problem. Was told about $1500 for a tilt kit. Got one off ebay for $880 new from canada. Worth keeping a lookout. Might get one cheep.
    cheers
    dean

Rayo,
    Have ya tried the wreckers for a second hand unit??