Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: BOAT OF THE YEAR FAIR OR NOT FAIR

Re: BOAT OF THE YEAR FAIR OR NOT FAIR

would not beat the haines formula [probaly spelt wrong- but still the best after all these years]
    troy

NQCairns

Hope so Bret_H, I am refiting a 18 foot Bertram, well sorta kinda it's from the same factory as Bertys and Hamiltons.Soon to be my boat of the decade or more .nq

Quote Originally Posted by Brett_H
    ....As for Boat of the year , I think the 20 Ft Bertram would still beat many of the modern boats of the same size for handling and seaworthyness.
    Well if there's going to be a "full boat war fair" then why not if we start including Cats, and that goes for the Formula as well, doesn't hold a flame to a Cat and certainly is left way behind by a Cat the equiv length of a Formula, not even close

The only good thing about the pointy part of a Formula is when ya looking back to see where it is

So really the best thing to do would be to simply make the Cats the boat of the year every year, argument solved [smiley=wiseguy.gif].

Anyway since when did any boat of any year, of any year require a 2 foot chop compatible sticker, what's a 2 foot chop got to do with anything, anyway since when did a 2 foot chop become the only consideration, really a load of HS that one [smiley=thumbsdown.gif].

Cheers, Kerry.

Brett_Hoskin

Quote Originally Posted by troy
    would not beat the haines formula [probaly spelt wrong- but still the best after all these years]
    troy
    Far drier than the formula. and more comfortable underway.

Brett_Hoskin

Quote Originally Posted by troy
    troy
    Far drier than the formula. and more comfortable underway.

Brett_Hoskin

Look at all the room.

left a couple of pussies(cats) behind on sunday also passed a big bruisey walkaround; played a game of pool on the way home; tap danced, hand stands, plucked chickens,lawn bowled all on the deak of my???six drops of yesance of terrer five drops of sinister sause

gotta go now trim tab leaking=~~~~~!

This thread is like one of those bad trashy soaps on TV - I hate it but can't stop watching

Actually I justc wanted to post in this thread - seems everyone else as

I hear you bugman... I remember reading this post when it was only 1 page long... Ah the good ol days....

When I saw it reached 11 pages (now 13) I thought there may be something interesting.

the Cats the boat of the year every year
    i don't own a CAT, but if I did I'd add this signage

[img][/img]

I bet that guy doesnt even own a fishing rod

i know of a boatie that use to take his wife out to the reef quite often in a mono hull.
    he traded it in on a pussy and the wife went with him twice and never went with him again.
    he then ended up from being a reef man all his life and then being confined to the creeks.
    cats versus mono hulls [16 centimetre chop]
    cheers troy

Wise people by this stage Troy usually know when to keep their mouth shut and not carry on and make out they know even less than what they make out.

But carry on my friend, history doesn't favour your ignorance one little bit lets hear some more

Hey by the way you remembered what that "2005" boat of the year was

Cheers, Kerry.

Would anyone actually buy a boat solely because it was "Boat of the Year". It is all marketing nonsense and it does not matter how the boat handles a two foot chop, in Cairns or Moreton bay. This is similar to all the gold awarded wine you can buy these days.

I think Troy is trying to say that conditions are so different in NQ that a highly rated boat from "down south" could be garbage in the different conditions up north. I don't see how conditions could be much different in any significant way.

Just trying to add a bit of common sense to this crazy post.

Quote Originally Posted by devocean
    I bet that guy doesnt even own a fishing rod
    I bet he pays someone to fish for him???