Thread: Snapper Coffin is Done

markpeta

Snapper Coffin is Done

Finshed yesterday and the winds blew so the bad weather was due to my boat being finished. Went last week to Bias Boating got everything I needed to fit out the boat and head offshore with the big boys. Costs as follows Boat and trailer $1300 + Transom and allfiberglass and shelving paint $500.00 + Trailer fix up rollers, winch, tow hitch, paint $200.00 Trailer welding bottle of bourbon + Fit out 150ltr esky,bait board, 27meg radio, epirb,flares,v sheet,rod holders,bilge pump,swith pannel,sea anchor,marine bat and two way switch + 2 bat boxes,100m 10mm anchor rope sand anchor, reef anchor and retrive ball, all nav lights and inside $1500.00 + Misc $300.00. Approx $4000.00 and heaps of hours of labour but was worth it. Took it out for a spin this morning no dramas went well went for a look out the shipping beacons ran around the passage for a couple of hours and went through 25ltre of fuel. So I got on board a 25 ltre tank and a 60ltre tank should be ample. Wanting to get out to cape morton next sunday morning or murphies or hutchies anyone heading out that way yell out wouldn't mind following someone out I am taking an experancied guy with me on my first few trips.

Mark aka "The Snapper Undertaker"

markpeta

Re: Snapper Coffin is Done

before shot

markpeta

before

markpeta

after

markpeta

Out at the shipping beacons my next project

westie

mate you have put some hours in on her, now comes the fun bit just one thing DO NOT call the fishing trips to soon a spiro will go right off and snappa well he is laying very low, looks to have all the right stuff and if you put rods in all those holders you are a rich man like the idea of the esky as the seat to save room.

The Undertaker has arrived people

Well done !

Looks like you've done a great job ,all the time and money are worth it
    when you're out there catching some good snapper,looks like thers plenty of room inthere. .all we need now is the wind to drop and you're
    out there and into them,good luck

Mal

looks like you have done a good job Mark. Have you water tested her yet?
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

markpeta

Gave her a bash out to the shipping channel this morning went great top speed about 55km/h on gps. Made a foil at work big improvment on the motor. Wanting to get out next weekend to blood the boat.

A job well done Mark now all ya have to do is get some fishy blood on it! Hope to see you around out there over the summer.
    Cheers
    Norm

Congrats on a job well done you should be proud, bet your neighbours breathed a sigh of relief the day of the maiden voyage .
    Good luck blooding her you deserve it. cheers fnq

You've done a neat job on that, now its time for the boat to live up to its name

There's a fair bit of rubbing back on that next project

whats the motor on her markpeta .Nice job you've done good luck!
    Looks like a yamaha?

markpeta

70hp evinrude 1982 model

I hope ya got the old evinrude checked out just as well ya got ya 27 meg and ya flares well done on the old fibreglass thou CHHHEERRS