Thread: Saying Goodbye......

Saying Goodbye......

I have my Quintrex Centre Console up for sale (see for sale section) and it got me to thinking. I have heard of people shedding tears when parting with their beloved boats. It's not like that for me in this instance but I guess you do look back at the good (and bad) times, the fish caught and lost, the laughs, mates etc.

Am I alone here all do other members relate to a little sadness when the time comes to say goodbye. or is it just a boat to be bought and sold without emotion?

The_Walrus

Re: Saying Goodbye......

Same for me, a little bit of sadness but also anticipation of new things with the new boat.

Luc

finga64

Hopefully the memories are never lost even though the boat is gone.

Mate, I can't drag myself through that so I just keep them. The cook isn't happy cause of all the 'junk' around the place (Another story). [smiley=smash.gif]

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by fisho
    Am I alone here all do other members relate to a little sadness when the time comes to say goodbye. #or is it just a boat to be bought and sold without emotion?
    About 11 years ago we needed some funds as we were just starting out in our business. Ross said he'd sell the boat, so I advertised it, took the calls and arranged for people to look at it at a time when Ross would be home.... everybody who looked at it liked it, but nobody would buy it as they could see how much Ross loved it, and they weren't going to be the one to break his heart.

After a couple of weeks of this I told a caller he could come around right now and have a look.... he looked, he liked, he left a deposit and 2 hours later came back with the rest of the money, transfer papers and towed her away.

When Ross came home from work I broke the news to him that the boat was sold. He asked "When are they picking it up?" I told him "It's gone already".... and he wailed "But I didn't even get to say good-bye" #

He got over it.... eventually

# # When I realised my old Seafarer Vermont had serious problems with rotting timbers, cracking transom & a failing trailer, decisions had to be made.
    # # I did look around for a suitable replacement, but after thousands of nautical miles togeather, I just couldn't do it, nothing else would ever be the same, she had become part of the family.
    # # After replacing the timbers & transom, rebuilding the trailer & ultimately buying her a new Merc 115, I could have nearly bought a new rig!
    # # What I've got now is my old girl reborn, better than a new one, heavier, stronger, faster, good for another 20 years.
    # # If you're not happy with what you have, then by all means trade on to something else & dont even look back.
    # # I see lots of beautiful boats around, but always end up thinking the same thing, #"I'd still rather have mine".

I have recently sold my boat, and it has moved to Townsville. An old friend of mine found this boat for me about 4 years ago and I purchased him from Hervey Bay. I thought it ironic that the new owner took delivery from me at Maryborough and my old friend was there to say goodbye. I must say that we both had a small tear in the eye at the final moment.
    Wayne

I tried but just cant do it.............. love comes in many shapes and forms....mine is my family, my dogs, and my car and boat

I tell my self what the hell would i do when that perfect day comes and you dont have a boat to get out....me thinks sit in the corner and cry....specialy after reading the fishing reports

can remember ever boat/kayak that I have owned, remember the good and bad of each. Early on in my boat ownship it meant nothing to sell one of them but the longer I have one these days the tougher to let go.
    cheers
    blaze

I cried when I paid for my boat

Hi fisho
    like the rest parting is such sweet sorro I am not an emotional person just ask my Wife(Alias the Boss) but my last boat I had the motor rebuilt and fixed it from a heap of S###
    to a nice looking boat when i sold it i thought of all the good times i'd had in it but then thought that the guy to whom brought it was going to have just as much good time as i, but the boat I have now maybe a totally different story as I have rebuilt this one from the ground up as to the Wife's thinking not allowed to sell have been told as she has stated put to much love an time in it and besides it is like a Second love the only thing is it wont cuddle you but at the same time it most certainly does not argue with you no matter where you want to go

Cheers
    Steve

Blaze, this latest rebuild will sort you out permanently, you old softie.
    David