Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Project Punt: 3.95m Bermuda Discovery

Re: Project Punt: 3.95m Bermuda Discovery

mAte awesome work on the boat. I have the exact same model and am looking at a similar setup. Just wondering who you got to do the welding. I am wanting to get my transom remodeled to take a long leg motor I was given.Cheers

Hi mate, Sean here. Sorry but I am a little confused about your Bilge setup for your live well. I am willing to drill a hole in my transom to fit a pickup, therefor having the pump inside the boat.
    I thought that bilge pumps pick water up through the bottom of the unit. Where do you fit both the inlet and the outlet pipe to the pump? All the pumps I have seen just have the one connection point???I will get a photo of the pump I bought....I might have to take it back. Sean

Hi All,

sorry for the late reply but I have been overseas with work and have not had internet access. I completed the live well install the night before my departure overseas and had to wait till I came back to give the setup a run on the water. Everything is working fine and the tank works a treat.

I have pics of the final stahes of the well install to post.

Murray, I got the live well made locally near ipswich by a few boys who repair build fibreglass boats afterhors. I cannot remeber there no as i lost their business card. if you call ipswich marine and ask about fiberglass repairs and mods they will direct you in their direction.

Hi Rhet,

Sorry i didnt get your post before I finished the priject. Luckily I did do a few layers of foam but unfortunately not to all sides due to access. the livewell /esky holds a bag of ice for a day and 1/2 so i am happy.Will talk to you soon.

Born to fly,

I got the welding done at AA Aquamaster boats in Brownsplains. He does a great job and not super exspensive although it can be hard to fit your boat in when he doing a few boats.Give them a call. In the yellow pages.

Here is a pic of the well in place with a bars lid before it was insulated and carpeted and before the well got a extra layer of faom glued on.

Cheers
    Aaron

here is a pic of the livewell lid before it was fully insulated. Afer 2 layers of foam another piece of ply was glued down to make the lid insulated.
    The small cutout on the side was for the spraybar. The lid was then carpeted on both sides.

Here is a pic of the finished product. Lid fitted and carpeted and front plenel fitted with clips to hold my oars and anchor light while not in use.

The blue bits you can see on the lid is a thin blue foam matting that i glued in to protect the foam and wood laminate lid from moisture and leave a neater finish.

cheers
    Aaron

Here is a pic of the finished product about to be driven down to the ramp to go barra fishing at monduran last week. unfortunately with a southly change and water temp down onlu managed a few hits and 1 solid hookup the got me in the timber

Here is 1 final pic of the boat overlooking monduran dam from the cabins.Great few days up there. I am surprised as I have only lost 1knt in top speed since doing all the mods and from when I started.

When i first got the boat I was top speed doing 24knts and now do 23knts. the live well intake does spray a little water onto the outboard cowl but i am not complaining.

Cheers
    Aaron