Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canoe Fitout - Ideas

Canoe Fitout - Ideas

Hey all,

My canoe has finally been brought up into QLD, so will be getting it ready to get out onto the water til the boat is finished Also gotta think of a name for it (It's a glass one)

Anyway, just curious as to what ideas people have for fitting out a canoe... The plans I am thinking of at the moment are:-

Electric Motor
    Esky with aerator (To use as live bait tank or livewell depending on fishing)
    Rod Holders
    Cheap Sounder

Am curious if anyone else has any ideas... If you have any pics that would be great (I will post some when I get it from the Sunny Coast).

Lookout canals & creeks!

Re: Canoe Fitout - Ideas

Just bumping Dan so canoodle can give you his web site...had it before we killed the puter and had to purchase newbie....please post link again canoodle.

Is probably why you were asking about the electric before 2

Cheers

Steven
    Cheers

Steven

http://www.akff.net/forum/

Should get some info from that Site dan....Thats the one Karls gunna give ya anyway.

heres one i just finished doing up

There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

pic 2

There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

pic 3

the motor bracket was made out of a t bar section of aluminium 75x200 with 25mm ply counter sunk and bolted on.

pic 4

How about an oxygen bottle and a dephibrilater! At least thats what I'd want.

Have posted on AKFF as well. But there are alot of users on here

Shayne - I'd thought of that already! That's why I'm considering an electric Although the paddling will do me good!!! (Maybe I can get below that thresh-hold too )

Early days yet my friend, theres always a chance of backsliding and renewing my membership with the 110 club. It's good to see you're up and running with the project though.

fishing dan
    Ive seen a great idea for kayaks and canoes
    A guy had a Sound,GPS,electic motor, mobile phone and a load of other things all hooked up to his battary and had a flexible solor panel that was water proof on the front looked great and he said he never run off of charge

Rik

Sorry guys, I don't usually watch this section as most topics pertain to stinky stink boats.
    fishingjew, that's a pretty sweet looking canoe set up, I'd rather see a lekky on the back though. 2 stroke = stinky.

mind ya manners karl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , how's about one of them new etec 200hp jobbies everyones ravin' about?

One thing I did to my canoe was set up some rod holders for trolling. You see in one of fishingjew's pics the aluminium support bar that goes across in the middle of the canoe. I bolted on a length of PVC pipe, added those little elbows you can get on each end (the 45 deg ones are OK, but I've got the lower angled ones), and then 2 more little extensions of the PVC pipe again. Great for trolling as the rod tips are still nice and low to the water. Got wingnuts on the bolts so it's quick and easy to take on and off. Also usually attach my sounder screen on it, right in front of you as you paddle along. I should have a pic of it somewhere on file, I'll have a look.

Cheers
    Tiges