Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canoe Fitout - Ideas

Re: Canoe Fitout - Ideas

Here 'tis. This is with the 45 deg elbows, now have ones with less angle that keep the rod tip much lower.

Nice one tiges, what lake is that? nice bass by the way.

Tiges. Thanks for that! Exactly what I'm after!
    FishingJew - Spot on mate. Cheers.

The canoes here are a little different to the one I have though... Your's are all fully open whereas mine is partially enclosed. I haven't got photos yet, but this is a little like it http://www.australiscanoes.com.au/im...ge/bushgcf.jpg

Hopefully I will get a few pics this weekend at some stage...

Cheers,
    Dan

Dan

will be good to see some pics of canoe. Has it got float chambers front and back as the one in pics did,nt could just imagine what woud happen if filled with the 2hp on it. So had to put them in witch made a good platform for mounting outbord bracket. Old bracket was mounted on side made out of steel nice and rusty.sold it on saturday so i can sink that money into my bigger canoe. regards russell

There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Seen one of these at barumba dam---and was it fast with average size people and full eqipment has also dozen stubbies.. I asked these people if they ever wanted a bigger boat? what for was the answer hmmm

Fishingjew --- don't mind me saying but would the motor be better placed in the middle on the transom? canoe will definitely run better and faster could even experience some speed surfing -----

and another point throw that seat away it looks pretty but it will be in the way

Cheers Ahoj

Any chance you could install Jenifer Hawkins as well.??

Craigus

Quote Originally Posted by shayned
    Any chance you could install Jenifer Hawkins as well.??
    Possibly, but at serious extra costs!

or as an alternative join the kayak club on canoedle's avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbo
    or as an alternative join the kayak club on canoedle's avatar
    he he he - I saw that this arvo & cracked up! The scary thing is he rides a Sit-On-Top (SOT) kayak, so it would be all out there! And from the reports Archer gave me, that's not a good site...

The canoe is about 16ft, so is big enough. At the moment am going to stick to paddle power as I need the exercise Will consider an electric though for fishing a few social bream comps. I'm hoping to pick it up on Saturday at this stage, but just have to wait and see...

I'm sure my mate Jen would be right into that sort of thing, that cheeky little grin, gggrrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by ahoj
    Fishingjew #--- don't mind me saying #but would the motor be better placed #in the middle on the transom? canoe #will definitely run better and faster could even experience some #speed surfing #-----

and another point throw that seat away it looks pretty #but it will be in the way

Cheers #Ahoj
    Cant steer it on transom thats why they are all on the side unless you put in a center console with a steering wheel and cabels hmmm? nah not my problem eny more its on its way to bundaberg this weekend

There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Craigus

Quote Originally Posted by Canoedle
    I'm sure my mate Jen would be right into that sort of thing, that cheeky little grin, gggrrrrrrrrr

Wishful thinking Canoedle. #

Yep, I'm off to dream about it right now.

Commodore

Ok settle down you blokes…
    Dan found this on the net and site attached FYI http://www.riverridgecustomcanoes.com/main.html
    Looks interesting and like a lot of fun
    Cheers,
    Chong

Commodore

Nothing like stealth….