Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat Trailer Woes

Re:  Boat Trailer Woes

iv'e given up watching the Emmys to see this unfurl , well maybe not the Emmys but i'm keen to see where it goes and how it pans out >
    Video piracy is stealing?
    I wouldn't steal a car, but if a buddy rang me up and said, "Hey man, just got myself a brand new kick Ass Monaro, you want me to burn you a copy?"
    Well 'shit yeah"

7dan7

No good > > >

got any more pics

hope things sort themselves out for ya

PLENTY OF PICS.
    I'm at work (night shift) and when I get home, I'll post some twisted metal pics. be home at 12:15 am.

The following pics:\a) at rest

The winch post

The bump

Start of recovery

At this point it was time to gather all the bits of wreckage and clean up the scene; Two tip trailers were called, the smaller one too short. Then a Franna crane to lift the rig off the table top and put to rest.

I'd like to acknowledge the help and support of the good samaritans who stayed for a total time of 6.5 hours till we could relax. The conflict was just beginning but I didn't know it at the time.

A few days later, I get a call from the FORENSIC ENGINEER commisioned by the authorities to pin down the cause and liability of this accident..Mr FE turns up at home and I set the scene for him. Was he a man of integrity who would report what he saw and observed or will he write a report that his employers want to hear?

Stay tuned folks... The ending is pretty good so something good came of it.

Re: #Boat Trailer Woes

Scary Stuff ....

What sort of cat is that?? #What length?

Where did this all happen?

What were you towing with? Did it do much damage to the car?

Cheers

Pete

GM:
    The cat was built for the NSW Police in '96 for security work during the Sydney Olympics. The craft was stationed at Campbell Cove (Circular Quay) and built to survey by Edencraft. Length is 7m and the bottom of the hull and transom is built to stay built. In the accident, the hull was relatively unscathed. I will post pics in due course.
    My towmobile is a Land Rover Discovery and towing capacity is 3.5T as specified in the manufacturer's manual.
    Damage to the car was mainly to the roof as that took the brunt of the bowsprit landing on it. In the interim I had to jack up the roof with a 4x2 and a jack to lift the roof to line up with the Disco's side windows; just to make it weatherproof.
    This happened in the state of QLD.
    In the meantime, I'll reformat more pictures to further illustrate the story.

There's a saying that "If it doesn't kill you, it can only do you good." The experience has made me more observant of all mechanical things and I feel I can deal with situations in a calm and logical manner.

flatstrap

Who's the engineer?

P.M. me

C.J.
    nil carborundum illegitimi

Hey Strap,

Excuse my ignorance, but was the fact that the centre skids were only tacked in place a contributing factor to the accident, or was there only forward movement, no side ways?

P.S. Looks like the Gold Coast!!!

P.P.S. VERY nice boat. What power?

Regards

Darren

Darren;
    The centre guide only stopped sideways movement on the way to the winch post and the rubber stops holding the stem in position.

Power; 2x 200 HP Yamahas

It might be the Gold Coast, I can't say due to confidentiality clauses un the terms of settlement.

flatstrap

AHH Yep

Got my attention and want no need to see more pics, explanation as I am still lost what went wrong

Steven
    Cheers

Steven

In a nutshell, what went wrong?
    Road builders created a dangerous road hazard, went on holidays, and contravened their own set of performance guidelines on signage, traffic control devices and advisory signs.
    To make things worse, they attacked the claimant and put up ridiculous scenarios as to cause and denied liability.

I approached my Council representative: His reply" Can't help you. It's a council matter!"
    Isn't that his JOB? To represent his constituents and not defend his phoney baloney job?

If anyone else experiences what I did, mate I'll walk you through it.