Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: POLYCRAFT TALK

Ausfish Silver Member

Re: POLYCRAFT TALK

Hi Guys,

R Rat,

I have a similar rig- 4.55 front runner- 50 suzi 4 s on the back- had it since May 05- 140 hrs up- fuel wise I think they re very economical.I reckon mine uses about 6.5 - 7 l (average) per hour over a fair range of operating speeds- w.o.t 50 km P/H (gps) cruise lates 20 s early 30 km P/H.

Reference drain holes- mine has a hole centre (between consoles) in that channel you talk of- an also a hole(bottom) in the 120 ltre forward storage area-this drains between the skins- some make this into a live well- you will also see a useful mods of cutting the lid and placing hinges on it- allowing you to stand on it yet still open to give access to that area.

Am very happy with mine- very versitile boat- creek,dam,river,bay near coast. Can't add much more to my toy, bait tank,berely bucket, plotter, sounder- matrix 37,vhf ,bimini- rocket launcher together plus clears, under seat tackle box storeage, min kota ap55 up front,DC batt mounted between consoles,side pockets x 2

oh ref - nav lites- mine where mounted to consoles but not much good there when the clears go up so re positioned to the rear portion of the front rails- keeping with the otto bin theme- used poly cutting board as the mounting base and are held using the existing rod holder mounts- if u dont have the lites already- you may consider the led ones- they sound good values- brighter an no globe hassles.

cheers

lew

jim_farrell

Do any of you plastic boys know the comparitive weights of a 455 poly and an equivalent tinny?

Hey orbyroo,
    Apparently you need a plastic plate for the motor and then plastic weld it on to the boat. It will be just like putting on a normal minn kota from there.

Cheers
    Josh

Ausfish Silver Member

Hi Flick.

poly wieghts as below, dims: 4.55m lg, beam 1.99, depth .92 m

front runner 320kg

c/console 310

side console 300

open 290

taken from a poly brochure

cheers,

lew

DRAIN HOLES IN THE 455 POLY.

had some waer between the skins. The dealer left the small bung out. that's the one just forward of the transom support............fixed that.

Economy is still going really well. Love the sound of 4/59 suzie and 5k rpm I think the it's sweet spot is around 4800.

Have had a few boaties check her out at the ramps and they were really interested i the concept.

For a 455.I can't fault the ride and stability....The front screen could be a little higher though and the fwd hatch would be better if it opened fwd rather than the other way. Mines white and from a distance it looks like a glass boat.....this surprised some when they got closer at the Vicky point ranp.