poly craft.... wheelie bins on water

never been in one to tell the truth

Mike

Re: POLYCRAFT TALK

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin_Mike
    poly craft.... # wheelie bins on water #

never been in one to tell the truth

Mike
    When you are eventually lucky enough to have been enlightened by riding in a Poly you will understand

Cheers,
    Tony

Hey Tony,

Did you end up putting a bimini on yours?

Any suggestions you have for a soon to be 530 bowrider owner? Things to check or change?

Regards

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    DRAIN HOLES: Pirate Pete....At the front of the 455 Frontrunner this is a large hatch cover. It kind of seals by way of a channel under the cover. Should the bottom of the channel have drain holes? Mine fill with water when washing or rain and I had to spnger it out. I figure there ought to be holes as it won't make and difference the water is in the boat,,,may as well keep it in the same place.

An advice?
    Sorry R Rat I dont have a poly boat as yet but when you can log onto Polyboatowners I ask on there as they have heaps of 4.55s.

I am looking to get a 5.30 Center Console

Tony,

What prop are you running also? I'm probably going to run a 17" instead of the standard 19" to carry good loads. Any advoce?

And what about nav lights? Do you have any and where/how are they fitted?

This boat doesn't have much room for this sort of thing!

Regards

Darren

themisses

Aarrh, It is time for us Poly owners to stand up and be counted!! We will be mocked no more!! I get great pleasure when people ask what kind of boat we have, by replying "A big plastic one".

Seriously though, most people are pleasently suprised at how well it rides and the stability. Not to mention how easy it is to maintain.
    Cheers Kim.

Quote Originally Posted by boatboy50
    Hey Tony,

Did you end up putting a bimini on yours?

Any suggestions you have for a soon to be 530 bowrider owner? Things to check or change?

Regards

Darren
    hi Darren,

Haven't put a bimini on yet, however plan to when I get some spare time to discuss the options I've considered with uphulsterers (sp) - have also toyed with the idea of a fixed roof and haven't fully decided against it yet....

I'd suggest checking is the seat bolts as mine were loose, however that's possibly a one-off and certainly wasn't a big deal to fix. It's been a low stress boat and I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute spent in it, I just wish I had more time free to spend in it!!!! Other thing I noticed was the trailer axle was too far back putting too much load on the ball.

You must be getting excited - I know just how you must feel as that was me last year

Cheers,
    Tony

Re the prop I'm running the standard 19 although don;t carry heavy loads. She revs out nicely and seems about right although I might have to check out a nice stainless one sometime soon...

The nav lights on mine are fitted to a small piece of Poly shaped to suit welded on to the boat by a local plastic welder. The initial fitout (wiring, electronics, lights) was done by Martin Marine here at Hervey Bay.
    Cheers,
    Tony

Thanks Tony,

My motor is now fitted, and she is getting a bimini as we speak. I will post photos for you when she's done, within the next few days.

I did all of the electrical fitout myself, and man they are a pain to do, up comes the drivers seat and floor just to run the wires! Not having access to the side decks is painful.

Where did you get the poly mounting for the lights? Polycraft or the local? I was thinking of having something made up in stainless or alloy to mount them on the side decks in front of the windscreen, with a shield to keep the lights from the drivers eye. The anchor light will hang from the bimini, up high and visable.

Did you get the side pockets fitted to yours? If so where are they, beside the driver or in the cockpit? I'm yet to fit mine.

Would you be able to post a close up pic of your nav light set up or side pockets? I will be looking to fit them within the next few days.

Regards

Darren

I LOVE MY POLY

I thought i should shout it to the world.

boyzie

just bought a 5.30 CC, having a 115 tohatsu bolted on the back next weekend. made the trailer myself and saved 2 grand. cant wait to get it in the water. could anyone possible post a pic of their console im having a few dramas deciding where to put everything ie sounder guages ect.
    thanks

Loco_Pez

Polys rule

Hey everyone,
    I just bought by first polycraft....Li'l Tuffy (Polycraft Tuff Tender) and I am really happy with it. I am thinking of putting in a full casting deck in with a space at the driver's seat to put my feet in and Mum & Dad are letting me borrow their 55lb minn kota riptide bow mount. I have been saving up for the boat since I was 7 years of age collecting alot of cow poop and breaking alot of macadamias along the way.

Cheers
    Josh

nice boat josh. I'd be interested in how you mount the minnkota. I've been thinking of getting a canoe for bassing in the creeks but a tuff tender would be so much more fun especially with a 15hp outboard

cheers, roo.

themisses

Congrats on your boat!! Well done that is fantastic!! I'm sure you have many fun hours to come. Enjoy, Cheers Kim.