Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: White Ants in the Play-Pen

Figjamm

Re: White Ants in the Play-Pen

Quote Originally Posted by blaze
    Amazed at the lack of bulkheads, survey require them every metre, I put them in at every 500mm and lets hope it dont break again. Maybe when you do it, it may be worth consisdering puting some more in.
    Ross was surprised too, and the option of putting more in has been discussed.

nearly finished my itching and sratching
    Lucky you

bidkev

[smiley=helpa.gif] the bugger's got me working !!!!!!!

this is what happens when you get invited for a few beers! [smiley=bath.gif] this stuff itches!

kev

man who goes to bed with sex on mind, wakes up with solution in hand.

Figjamm

Report #6

21 January

Removed the windscreen, bow rail, bow sprint, stern light and bollards.

[img]
    http://au.geocities.com/bevb2us/Play...s_stripped.jpg
    [/img]

Laid out the tools ready for an afternoon of grinding.

[img]
    http://au.geocities.com/bevb2us/Play...ants_tools.jpg
    [/img]

5 o'clock and Ross has eaten enough dust. It's time to pack it in and have a beer

[img]
    http://au.geocities.com/bevb2us/Play..._RossBreak.jpg
    [/img]

5:05 #Kingtin arrived to help..... to help drink beers that is ;-)

You're doing a top job Ross [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif] And so are you Bev with the reports[smiley=thumbsup.gif] Sounds like you need to dangle a beer infront of Kev to get him to work

Cheers Phil
    Grow old disgracefully

My god who would have thought white ants in a boat

All coming across nicely keep it up and you will be back in no time

Great report Bev keep em coming

Dave

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by ColacGirl
    <snip>

5:05 #Kingtin arrived to help..... to help drink beers that is ;-)
    I can't help it if you don't operate a night shift

[smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

kev
    When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
    When the road your trudging seems all uphill,
    When the funds are low and the debts are high,
    And you want to smile but you have to sigh,
    When care is pressing you down a bit
    Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
    Success is failure turned inside out,
    The silver tint on the clouds of doubt,
    And you can never tell how close you are,
    It may be near when it seems afar.
    So, stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
    It's when things go wrong that you mustn't quit.

I will come and work with you, bloody knock off and beer oclock at 5 indeed, theres another 7 hours you can get in the day before its time to knock off.
    cheers
    blaze
    I'm feeling your pain

one other think
    you can get blue disposable overalls, they breath and cyou dont get any where near as hot, probable 2 the price but at the end of the dat they are worth it

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-One
    Sounds like you need to dangle a beer infront of Kev to get him to work #
    Kev reckoned we'd need to offer him more than beer to get him working with that ichy stuff

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by toymod
    My god who would have thought white ants in a boat
    And who'd have thought they were so clever.... they'd even built a dam in the hull, under the fuel tank, to trap the fresh water!

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by blaze
    I will come and work with you, bloody knock off and beer oclock at 5 indeed, theres another 7 hours you can get in the day before its time to knock off.
    You're welcome anytime, but be warned, beer o'clock varies from day to day, often long before knock off time # knock off time is only at 5 when he knows Kingtin is visiting #

That's it Kev, I think I will have to ban you from visiting for awhile # > #

I'm feeling your pain
    You've been there, done that... and more than once from what I understand.... so please don't feel our pain as well. Just be joyful that yours is nearly ready to go back in the water #

you can get blue disposable overalls, they breath and you dont get any where near as hot, probable 2 the price but at the end of the dat they are worth it
    We had already bought some white ones, then saw the blue elsewhere at 4 x the price # so Ross says he will perservere with the white.

There will be no Report today as it has gone 4:30 and Ross has just gone down to do some grinding now. The day has slipped away from us, first there was bible study with Kev.... browsing the Whitworths catalogue # then brunch on the back deck.... a visit to the fibreglasser to keep him sweet & hand over some $$'s for the needed supplies.... our shed vacuum had died recently so we popped into the in-laws to pick up their old Sadie (remember them, looked like a paint tin on wheels) and Ross got roped into mowing their lawn for them... so it will be a late one tonight #

2 months! I keep telling him, blaze did it in 2 months... he told me "NO WAY, don't hold your breath waiting" #

bidkev

[quote author=ColacGirl link=1137501549/30#40 date=1137912523<snip>

[<snip>[/quote]

Can I have that in writing please? At least till he's finished with that itchy scratchy stuff

kev

I have never understood why women love cats. Cats are independent, they don't listen, they don't come in when you call, they like to stay out all night, and when they're home they like to be left alone and sleep. In other words, every quality that women hate in a man, they love in a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin

I have never understood why women love cats. Cats are independent, they don't listen, they don't come in when you call, they like to stay out all night, and when they're home they like to be left alone and sleep. In other words, every quality that women hate in a man, they love in a cat.
    “It's a known fact that one may train cats to do exactly what they want”

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin
    [quote author=ColacGirl link=1137501549/30#40 date=1137912523]<snip>

<snip>
    Can I have that in writing please? At least till he's finished with that itchy scratchy stuff

[/quote]

Mr. Chicken, You are henceforth banned from visiting while the iching stuff is happening. What are you like at carpentry?

--
    Sadie the Cleaning Lady

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by ColacGirl
    [quote author=kingtin link=1137501549/30#41 date=1137921231][quote author=ColacGirl link=1137501549/30#40 date=1137912523]<snip>

<snip>

[/quote]

Mr. Chicken, You are henceforth banned from visiting while the iching stuff is happening. # #What are you like at carpentry? #

--
    Sadie the Cleaning Lady

[/quote]

Goodoh! Carpentry? Mmmmmmmm? Let me think? Well a certain chap was a carpenter, and the deckie is always telling me that I think I'm God, so I suppose I might be able to whittle a bit of wood.

kev

Happy laughter and family voices in the home will keep more kids off the streets at night than the
    strictest curfew.