Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: White Ants in the Play-Pen

Re: White Ants in the Play-Pen

That's looking very nice! Better than new, cause the timber work on a new boat don't look or fit as pretty as that before it gets glassed over!
    Ross has done a great rebuild - a credit to the man.

[smiley=beer.gif]go the in-built esky...have one fitted to my boat,,and the two other guys i fish with have them done in theirs too...just a hint,,if ya gunna put it up da front there and going to fill it with ice,,put a drain pipe into it that runs all the way down the back,,stops the water when you pull the plug from dribbling and quicker for the boat to try out..
    paz

Hey Guys,

Great thread. I have read it all and found it very interesting. With the amount of imterest shown, The launching should be something special and I am sure there will be a flotilla of boats there to join you on the day and cheer you guys on for the entertainment (and great tips) you have provided along the way.

As for the esky/masher question....... you don't always need the masher!!

Ross
    So many fish, so little time!

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by Tunzafun
    <snip>

you don't always need the masher!!

Ross
    You obviously have never sat downwind from Ross

kev

If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time.

Figjamm

Day 32

Resin coated some boards

Day 33

Glassed in some bulkheads

and put a layer of glass over the underside of the whatchamacallit ledge.... is anyone gonna tell me the correct term for that?

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by d-man
    That's looking very nice! Better than new, cause the timber work on a new boat don't look or fit as pretty as that before it gets glassed over! #
    Ross has done a great rebuild - a credit to the man.
    Compliment accepted.... he's feeling very pleased with himself since I told him it'll be better than a bought one #

always amaze me that as humans the tasks we take on and suceed at when we have a go.
    The timber work is top class and like other have said "shame to cover up with glass and flowcoat".
    You have add more bulheads too? (by putting esky in etc)
    You will have to get Kev around when you put all the jigsaw together and glass in. Just picture this. Kev cooking and supplying refreshments, Bev cutting and preparing matting and resin in the required amounts, ross and unknown fibaglass mate laying and rolling (dont forget to leave an exit point, be nasty being cornered and not able to get out for refreshments).
    coming together well
    cheers
    blaze

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by blaze

<snip>

Kev cooking and supplying refreshments,

<snip>

blaze
    No go Blaze. Bev's oven ain't big enough for the joints that I cook Hey mate......it'd be worth you taking a trip up here just to see how quickly the pair of 'em can make a couple of kilos of cracklin' disappear

kev

It is not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by ColacGirl
    [quote author=LousyFisher link=1137501549/210#212 date=1140003126]
    Changing my name... hmmm i've been fishing since i was a kid, now i'm almost 38 and have always been lousy at it (seems the name is fitting for me), but the most part i enjoy about fishing is the relaxation on the water with my mates (and no missus around to nag me to do something like the mowing, working around the house or the general chores..... LOL)
    Opposite problem here, Ross never stops, makes me tired just watching him sometimes.... so I send him fishing because it forces him to relax [/quote]

Mines complaining that I don't do enough around the house, with working all week (inc travelling almost 2hrs each way to work and bacK) I have really no inclination to do stuff around the house except for my 2 favourites which is Radio Control Car racing and Fishing...... , I guess I can understand where she is coming from......

ross and unknown fibaglass mate laying and rolling
    If I can't see your glass friend will you at least look at mine ?

Catchy Fishy

Figjamm

You have added more bulheads too? (by putting esky in etc)
    We added extra bulkheads in the cockpit, but the cabin bulkheads are similar to before.... <insert typical soapie music while we take a step back in time>.... you will see from this old pic that all we've really altered in the cabin is the shape of the bunks to allow easier access to the ?esky?

.... and the ?esky? will now have vertical sidewalls instead of sloping ones. #Hmmm.... must remind Ross we have lost a little bouyancy there!

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by Tunzafun
    Great thread. #I have read it all and found it very interesting. With the amount of imterest shown, The launching should be something special and I am sure there will be a flotilla of boats there to join you on the day and cheer you guys on for the entertainment (and great tips) you have provided along the way.
    Hi Ross.... we might have to have a private launching first.... just to make sure she still floats #

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by paz
    [smiley=beer.gif]go the in-built esky...have one fitted to my boat,,and the two other guys i fish with have them done in theirs too
    Looks like eskies are way more popular than mashers

Bev and Ross,
    Im growing grey hair watching all this reno going on.

Will have to have a big flotilla and party when done.

Good luck

Graeme

PS: Those who get to see Ayers Rock from ground level get their final lesson in real perspective.

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin
    [quote author=blaze link=1137501549/225#231 date=1140180117],
    <snip>
    Kev cooking and supplying refreshments,
    <snip>
    No go Blaze. Bev's oven ain't big enough for the joints that I cook [/quote]

Yeah, yeah, and my carving knives are carp!! # Ignore him blaze, he ain't happy unless he's whinging about something #

Hey mate......it'd be worth you taking a trip up here just to see how quickly the pair of 'em can make a couple of kilos of cracklin' disappear
    I believe that's your missus and my other half that do that # I haven't truly enjoyed a piece of cracklin' since I got these dern falsies! #