Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: White Ants in the Play-Pen

Re: White Ants in the Play-Pen

ColacGirl,
    Great thread. have read from top to bottom in the last 2 days(at work). Thoroughly rivetting(no pun intended). I look forward to the next installment and give your team encouragement as the end draws near.

Ross,
    Nice Camp Kitchen, I don't think you have any worrries with your abilities working with wood, if thats what it is made of.

Kingtin,
    always look forward to your wise quotes at the end of your posts. Nice Ham Too!

All others taking part,
    This is why i don't get any work done. There are so many ausfishers with so much to share that I will one day have to get a computer and internet at home so I CAN get some work done

Cheers, Roo.

Have a really close look at your transom! If they've worked their way along the stringers to the back end they could get into the transom if the timber stringers went through to the plywood that forms the transom prior to the interior stringers being glassed.
    You don't want the transom to be weakened in any way or it could be disasterous! I used to work in the f/g boat industry and we used to glass the transom in first then lay in the stringers and floor supports. If this is how your boat was done no worries, termites don't go through fibreglass. Might be worth a call to the manufacturer on the Gold Coast to see if that's how they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ColacGirl
    [quote author=LousyFisher link=1137501549/195#196 date=1139819416]
    I have one question, which i couldn't see from the photo... the stringers... how would the water if it is trapped on the higher side of those stringers easily get down to the centre of the V to enable any trapped water to escape out of the bungs when draining,
    Each of the bulkheads has a heel cut out of it beside the stringer, allowing any water to drain to the stern....

then each stringer has a bung hole under the well.

The bung holes can't be seen as clearly in the photos now that they have been glassed around, but they're definitely there

Glad you're enjoying the thread LousyFisher.... will you change your name when your fishing improves?

[/quote]

Ah, looking at the first photo, yes i can see what you mean.

Changing my name... hmmm i've been fishing since i was a kid, now i'm almost 38 and have always been lousy at it (seems the name is fitting for me), but the most part i enjoy about fishing is the relaxation on the water with my mates (and no missus around to nag me to do something like the mowing, working around the house or the general chores..... LOL)

Cheers

Lousyfisher....

Figjamm

Day 30

Put a whatchamacallit ledge around the hatch....
    (someone wanna tell me the correct term?)

.... to hold the lid up

Day 31

Repeated that process for the starboard bunk and cut holes for another pair of inspection hatches

Cut and shaped the centre bulk heads,

and the centre floor. Overall look of the cabin at the end of Day 31.

Now ausfishers, Ross wants your opinions.... should he have a built in esky?

Or a burly masher?

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by blaze
    I been calculating your finish date (didnt expect ya to take a day off though)
    Sorry to throw a spanner in your calculations blaze..... got some rainy days forcast, so we may get some spare time to put us back on to your schedule

Very gooda joba ---even the wood nuts match -----very admirable----

I can go to bed and get some sleep now I got my daily fix, I think of ya tommorrow while Im fishing (probably get a flogging, but it happens).
    The guy that helped do a bit on my boats got an interview at haines tommorrow so ya never know where playing with boats will take ya.
    looking good
    and the esky looks good (nothing wrong with a bucket is there Bev)
    cheers
    blaze
    ps
    I think ya will breeze easter in for a finish

Go the built in esky, have you thought of contacting 4 xxxx for a sponsorship, your making all of us thirsty looking at the pics

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by d-man
    Have a really close look at your transom! If they've worked their way along the stringers to the back end they could get into the transom if the timber stringers went through to the plywood that forms the transom prior to the interior stringers being glassed.
    Thanks for your input.... have checked the transom in quite a few places now, and all seems ok.... we had put a new transom in when we first got her (about 3 yrs ago), so there was a thick layer of glass between the transom and the original stringers.

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by blaze
    <snip>
    and the esky looks good (nothing wrong with a bucket is there Bev)
    Hey, I'm happy with a bucket, it's The Boss who wants the real thing! But he's having second thoughts now that he's realised that space would make a good sized esky

Hope you have fair weather for your day out tomorrow.... and wishing good luck to the fellow who has an interview at haines.

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by ahoj
    Very gooda joba ---even the wood nuts match -----very admirable----
    Seems a shame to have to cover it up with glass & flowcoat

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by schrammy79
    Go the built in esky, have you thought of contacting 4 xxxx for a sponsorship, your making all of us thirsty looking at the pics #
    LOL, I hadn't thought of that.... maybe I can strike a deal with 'em, discount for all ausfish members for as long as this thread continues, then we'll just sloooow the rebuild right down

I should've had a Seafarer sticker in every pic too and I might've been able to cohn them into donating something to the project#

Figjamm

Quote Originally Posted by LousyFisher
    Changing my name... hmmm i've been fishing since i was a kid, now i'm almost 38 and have always been lousy at it (seems the name is fitting for me), but the most part i enjoy about fishing is the relaxation on the water with my mates (and no missus around to nag me to do something like the mowing, working around the house or the general chores..... LOL)
    Opposite problem here, Ross never stops, makes me tired just watching him sometimes.... so I send him fishing because it forces him to relax

Figjamm

catchy_fishy wrote: Instead of working, I like all other ausfish members am waiting for Colac Girl's updates.

MAL wrote: This is better than TV, keep it rolling.

orbyroo wrote: Great thread. have read from top to bottom in the last 2 days(at work). Thoroughly rivetting(no pun intended). I look forward to the next installment

blaze wrote: I can go to bed and get some sleep now I got my daily fix,

You guys really need to get a life Maybe you can write into the tv stations and tell 'em to axe the backyard blitz's and get some boat rebuilds happening

Seriously though.... we do appreciate all the interest and encouragment ausfish members have shown. Looking at how many times this thread has been viewed astounds me

catchy_fishy wrote: Instead of working, I like all other ausfish members am waiting for Colac Girl's updates.
    You guys really need to get a life
    I'm just glad I never opened the post earlier.

Thanks For keeping up with the avid readers Bev.

Mike