Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many boats you owned

Re: How many boats you owned

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin_Mike
    1st - 11ft Lightburn F/glass with 5hp yamaha
    2nd - 13ft pongrass 55 Evinrude Runabout
    3rd - 13ft Pongrass F/gl;ass dinghy 30hp Jonno
    Current - 5.1mt Ally Cfraft centre conmsole 75 Mariner 2 stroke

Next - when SWMBO lets me # ...... 6.5mt Cruise Craft Outsider maybe late next year
    If you are calling the older(released 1996)CC Outsider 650 a 6.5metre -its not, its a 6 metre hull.
    its a great little hull!!!

12foot runabout 40 Merc(1960!),15ft Stebercraft, 17ft Stebercraft,20Ft Savage Marlin, 21ft Savage Marlin, 12ft Dehavilland Topper, 25ft Halvorsen Sport Fisherman,18ft Dehavilland Titan half cabin,12ft Clark Cutter, 13ft Clark Corsair,5.2 Stessl centre console, 34 Randell, Cruise Craft 650 Outsider,4.8 Stessl tri hull, Stacer 4.35 Hornet, nothing >now looking

Only ever bought 1 boat on the cheap - you know what they say about cheap? You get what you pay for. So while I have always had the one boat, the list of what I have done to her seems never ending..... But I listen to my better half who manages my finances really well. If I had my way I would have spent tripple what I have, and in a huge amount of debt.... But then again, had I have bought a good boat from the start, I'd be in the same position financially.... Do the maths.

Bought 15 years ago for 3K with 80hp blueband Merc - bang, no more motor, salt water does not combust very well in the Cylinders I am told. Buggar!
    Replace with a 2nd hand 75HP Yammy for 2.5K Bang.... Same thing after a few years. The guys servicing seemed to think the Merc was more of a problem than the Yammy, and I was in a false sense of security!! How wrong was I? When putting the new Jonno 70HP on (reco for 5K), they said the transom was mushy. New floor and transom @3K

Over 15 years I guess I shouldn't see the expense when I consider all the fun I have had with her. Can't bare the thought of selling it now, we've been through too much!! I'm now up for a new trailer or a serious amount of work on the old one. Anyone got a cheap trailer for a 15ft Glass?

Scalem

Brooker CT10 Johno 6hp when I was ten.
    12' Sea Alwith 9.5hp Johno.
    12" Dehaviland with 25hp Suzy... used to two my mate on a single ski behind that one. That was a fast boat for a 15year old kid with no licence.
    12" Stacer with a 25Hp Mariner.
    Now I have a 3.75 Stessco with a 15Hp Mercury and a
    25' Bertram Sports open runabout with a new Volvo 280hp
    Noosacat 3100

Slient

Quote Originally Posted by Kendall249
    hey silent, I would suggest that those who said never was because the missus said no! #
    Good guess

HI ALL, HAPPY TO SAY I HAVE HAD BOATS SINCE I WAS 18 YE`OLD.
    1ST WAS A 1981 WHITTLEY IMPALA 140HP MERC ( GOT WAY CHEAP, WENT HALVES WITH DAD)
    2ND WAS A PRIDE ALBATROS 5.3 115 EVI` THAT WAS SUNK BY A NATIONAL PARK FOOL, I BROUGHT IT AND RESTORED.
    3RD WAS A 96` CARRIBEAN CONCORDE 5.46 140 YAM.
    AND JUST RECENTLY WAS A 2001 CRUISECRAFT 685 OUTSIDER 2003 200 4STROKE YAM ON A BRAND NEW REDCO SENSABRAKE TRAILER.. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

1st - Coxcraft Rumrunner
    2nd - Fraser 20' half cabin
    3rd - 12' tinnie

Break of arund 10 years from boating whilst kids grew and were involved in their sports activites..

Present:
    435 Ally Craft Top Ender
    290 Chaparral

#1 3.8m Stacer.

I still have this boat and its since been nicknamed "dog dish" on account of the fact that most dog dishes are tin!

Its been a gr8 boat and caught me some fantastic fish, from garfish, tommies and whiting to snapper to 13kg.

Its now mainly used as a bream boat for the local creeks and is destined for a bit of a make over in the future with a floor and bow mount electric to fitted.

#2, 5m Seaquest Eclipse custom

Saved long and hard and did plenty of reasearch on this one. Love this boat, (with the exception of the paint job) This rig has opened up a few frontiers for me with me now being able to go to places faster and much further!

Started with a stacer 525 bowrider with a merc 90 two stroke, kept for 2 years.
    Next was an allison vision 21 with a 200 evinrude di two stroke, very fast boat, over 105kmh on the gps, kept for two years.
    Currently own a caribbean 26 flybridge sportsfisher with twin 220 efi mercruisers, plan on keeping this for two years and getting one last boat, frobably a black watch 32 with diesels, or something very similar

13ft swiftcraft
    19ft haines
    23ft caribbean crusader
    next will be what i'm allowed to have
    CHEERS RODNEY

BaysideMarine

Lots.... probably 100 plus by now ranging from an 8ft tinny to a 25ft Bertram flybridge

Cheers

Fast_Freddie

Two boats:-

1) 195 Allison w/- 140 Yammie

2) Old 14ft Brooker tinnie w/- 25 Johno - Geez if this old girl talk . . . .
    (She is for sale incidentally)
    Buy the motor and centre console and I'll through in the hull and what is left of the trailer!

Fred