Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you believe this?

Re: Do you believe this?

FNQ, WOT rev range 4500-5500 rpm, though I might make a call to prop rite to see what they can do.

Cheers kendall

Good job Kendal, if you are going back to the dealer who propped it give him a 'thwack' across the back of his head as for his care and knowledge he makes a great spare parts sales person for his organisation. Your piston crown temps are ATM way too high at all RPMs.

As an advantage the boat will come alive on the water. ATM it is doughy like a 4 stroke (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Consider a 4 blade (with WOT marginally above 5600rpm heavy as a minimum) if you would like to keep near the best cruise speed for economy.

cheers fnq

FNQ your advice today has put me on a very positive course. I made a few calls and was directed to a bloke at one of the more reputable dealers here in t'ville. Who seems to have more expertise than the dealer I got the boat from (In brisbane)(better not name names might be breaking ausfish rules) and in particular much more experience in setting up traditional style longboats (very shallow transom deadrise). After inspecting he would like to experiment with the motor height, before touching the prop. He believes that its too low and that finding 500rpm is more than realistic propersition, as well as improving some of the handling and ride caracteristics through reducing drag. He also stated there is a lip on the last 8-12in of the hull and in respect to this the original dealer has the motor 50mm to low in his opinion. He too thinks the four blade is the way too go.

Once again cheers kendall

Hope the plan works for you, if you liked your boat before you are going to love it when it is setup properly. IMO you probably will not see 500 rpm from the raise alone but I hope you do, it would make a nice cheap fix,without all the bother of testing props later.

cheers fnq