Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti-Rust Paint

Re: Anti-Rust Paint

Hang in there Homey ... it wont be long now

can back up prof' pete on the silver zinc recommendation, it's the best stuff by far. the other cold gals i've tried with the matt grey finish seem porous and let rust start again if you don't use another top coat over them.

i'm in the process of some trailer repairs at the moment, replacing rusted springs and also a rusted out cross member and am using the silver zinc with a coat of black body deadener over it. it looks like krap but absorbs stone chips and hopefully won't rust too quick.

Hi Guys

I am refurbishing my trailer at the moment is it possible to repaint the entire trailer frame with silver zinc? do I need to cut it back or paint straight over the existing gal? I don't have any rust spots but the trailer needs a general tarting up. Also is the silver zinc sprayed or brushed on?

i've only ever used the spray can stuff. they'd have to sell it in a tin too i would have thought. painting it on with a brush would be pretty good because you could really cake it on.

Fast_Freddie

Hey Pete,
    Just wanted to say thanks for the info mate.
    Being new to both Ausfish and to the joys(?) of owning a "larger" boat, I need all the good advice I can get.
    And I reckon your's is good advice.

Thanks again. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Fred

Thanks Fred, only too pleased to help #

Sporty, yes you can do your whole trailer, and yes they do make it in a tin to brush on.
    I would personally use 2 coats of spray if the trailer already has a good gal coating on it.

Cheers

Pete