Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Towing on the Highway

Re: Towing on the Highway

I read previous posts , could not care what meterage they where.
    If someone wants to go slow , overtake safely or pull over and have a rest, pee, pick some noxious weeds , don't just bitch because you are impatient.

well then ..for the 60k and 80k highway stars...all I can say is..bloody ignorant motorists...cause more accidents than anything else by holding up the traffic.

Pinhead, ignorant with a clean licence.
    When a fellow driver is impatient who is really being the ignorant one ????
    And i believe you where a safe distance behind them , where you not ?
    Pinhead some guys slow down if an ignorant driver is up the skeg on their 4 m tinny ..

Captain_Starli

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead
    [quote author=PinHead link=1161581717/0#4 date=1161590921]Anyfish...there weren't large boats...only 4 metre tinnies..I followed a red TABS..about 6 metres for a while and he had no trouble cruising on 100.

It isn't a matter of saving fuel..it is a matter of a bit of courtesy and at least moving over to let others pass and perhaps prevent someone trying an overtaking manouvre that they shouldn't but do out of frustration.

Why shouldn't I complain about people towing boats on here..are we all that high and mighty that we cannot cop some criticism.

saurian..as per my post..4m tinnies
    [/quote]

so anyone with a bigger than 4mtr tinny can go slow without it bothering you???bit strange..

Quote Originally Posted by Pitsta
    Mate last xmas goin up glenalda range , comin home from hervey bay I did the right thing towing my boat & got in the left lane . But when the lane was ending No BARSTARD would let me back in . So here we are on the gravel , wife screaming, kids screaming & me with white nuckle fever.
    So from now on if you want to pass me GOOD LUCK !!!!!

Mark
    I agree Pitsta

Hey Pinhead / B@@fhead where the f@#k do you want them to move over too on a 2 lane road, we all pay our rego so what gives you the right to demand that they get over to let you pass, who is on the high and mighty now. Its pr!cks like you that cause accidents by being impatient and trying to overtake a slower vehicle at the wrong time on the wrong piece of road, then probably hit the picks in front of him and slow down for the next 10 klm to teach the guy a lesson.

I set my cruise controll on about 95klm when towing anything my boat or caravan and off I go, there are pleanty of clueless w@nkers out there who do 80klm one minute so I overtave next minute they are right up your clacker and go around you only to stop at a servo 2 k up the road or to be caught up to again, f@#kin hopeless they are
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Quote Originally Posted by griz066
    [quote author=Pitsta link=1161581717/0#5 date=1161592099]Mate last xmas goin up glenalda range , comin home from hervey bay I did the right thing towing my boat & got in the left lane . But when the lane was ending No BARSTARD would let me back in . So here we are on the gravel , wife screaming, kids screaming & me with white nuckle fever.
    So from now on if you want to pass me GOOD LUCK !!!!!

Mark
    I agree Pitsta

Hey Pinhead / B@@fhead where the f@#k do you want them to move over too on a 2 lane road, we all pay our rego so what gives you the right to demand that they get over to let you pass, who is on the high and mighty now. Its pr!cks like you that cause accidents by being impatient and trying to overtake a slower vehicle at the wrong time on the wrong piece of road, then probably hit the picks in front of him and slow down for the next 10 klm to teach the guy a lesson.

I set my cruise controll on about 95klm when towing anything my boat or caravan and off I go, there are pleanty of clueless w@nkers out there who do 80klm one minute so I overtave next minute they are right up your clacker and go around you only to stop at a servo 2 k up the road or to be caught up to again, f@#kin hopeless they are[/quote]

when all else fails go the name calling..all class. Call me what you want..if you look in your rear vision mirrors and see a line of vehicles behind you and you just shrug and don't care..that is ignorance.

Why do people get impatient..simple..because some cannot drive to somewhere near the speed limit not care..that is what causes the impatience.

The speed limit is a guide, not the MUST Travel Speed, That's why there are overtaking lanes. Hmm another 10 minutes late to your favourite fishing ground , compared to not going at all. What's the rush for.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWhiskers
    [quote author=PinHead link=1161581717/30#44 date=1161774368][quote author=PinHead link=1161581717/0#4 date=1161590921]Anyfish...there weren't large boats...only 4 metre tinnies..I followed a red TABS..about 6 metres for a while and he had no trouble cruising on 100.

It isn't a matter of saving fuel..it is a matter of a bit of courtesy and at least moving over to let others pass and perhaps prevent someone trying an overtaking manouvre that they shouldn't but do out of frustration.

Why shouldn't I complain about people towing boats on here..are we all that high and mighty that we cannot cop some criticism.

saurian..as per my post..4m tinnies
    [/quote]

so anyone with a bigger than 4mtr tinny can go slow without it bothering you???bit strange..[/quote]

Whiskers..as I said earlier..the bigger boats we encountered were all cruising at the speed limit...the ones that were holding up the traffic flow were all small tinnies..that was what made it all the more odd...the bigger ones had no problems...a couple of the smaller ones would have had problems because they had everything but the kitchen sink packed into the boat..perhaps the trailer set up was not conducive to all the additional weight in the boat...not a very safe thing to do either.

Thats probably the problem over loaded tinnies and there trailers.
    It's likely the tyres are out of round from sitting to long.
    And shake like shi!t over 60K'S
    A marriage licence should be like your fishing licence!
    Expires every year and you get a 3 day pass when you go interstate.

It is really a shame that , some of you people just do not get it.....
    The majority seem to understand fine.
    Find a comfortable speed , all differences taken into account , and
    then just travel to your destination.
    The fact that all the bitches complain about others going to slow
    would probably mean that they , "YES THE FAST ONES" are the problems .
    SPEED KILLS, I've heard that one before .
    Why do you blame slow vehicle combinations for your inability to have
    a little bit of self control , and not act out of frustration.(IGNORANCE)
    Thus speeding etc ...... Causing problems as you go.
    I will admit the Bruce h'way is not good , but not worth hurting yourself
    or others for a few modern fast paced minutes.

a good comfortable speed is 100k/hr..LOL

I dont know why people justify that speeding is the be all and end all of saftey. How about you turn the tide and look at it from another angle, going under the speed limit even as litle as 10k's an hour can cause more issues as speeding of the same amount. Have a good think about it. Im not saying in all cases, but there are places and situations.

As said before in previous post it is just as illegal not to do the speed limit ( but if you are under keeping up with traffic all is good). The issue is when you impead on the speeds of the other motorists, this is when you cause dangerous situations.

I love how people can have there blinkers on, reading through the posts people are whinging how other drivers are cutting them off, yelling abuse etc.......open your eyes they are doing this for a reason, you are going to slow and/or impeading the flow of traffic, you are the one causing a dangerous situation, they are just acting like idiots. But if it was not for you on the road would they have acted like that? I doubt it.

As before when i said, if you cant do the speed limit stay off the road........I really should have said if you cant keep up with the flow of traffic (wheather it be 80, 90, 100, 110) STAY OFF THE ROAD, YOU ARE A DANGER.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

TOYMOD

Nowhere is it illegal to travel under the speed limit, the limit is set for average drivers in ideal conditions, which is not often achieved. I agree that half the people towing vans, boats, trailers should not be on the road. Unfortunately if they went faster they would probably cause more accidents than by travelling a little slower. As a heavy vehicle driver of 30 years experience I have seen most of it but would prefer someone a little slower on the right side of the road than faster and on the wrong side. It would appear that most of this debate is about slow drivers on single lane roads, just drive north and see how many areas are suitable for moving over, can you imagine all the accidents caused by incompetents dropping the left hand side wheels on the dirt with unbalanced loads. Just go back a few years when most semis were restricted to 80 kph (not that many stuck to it) and they allways went flat out down hills and crawled up them. you just waited untill you got a signal to pass or the road allowed it. Not much road rage then.......glad I'm not driving for a quid now................to many impatient bastards out there whether your doing the speed limit or not most want to pass because you look big you must be slower........

Ding!! Popcorn is ready

Everyone just get of the road will ya! I want it all to myself, driving to Bris tomorrow and my blood-pressure is rising already!!!