Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharkat 700 Rebuild

Re: Sharkat 700 Rebuild

How much salt particles are cought in the AIR CLEANER-FILTER? i would say it will need replacing as often as if it was in the truck... any comments?

Ahoj

could filtration be the cause of 2 stroke motors malfunction(2 st using more air then 4 strokes) at best unable to run at full speed due to air starvation?
    Interesting....

nice choice of boat there Pete
    look forward to seeing more pic's along the way

Daniel

Well, we decided to try the metallic gold....

I had the dash repainted today to a) let me fit the cabin out and b) see what the colour looks like.

What do you think?

Metallic Dash
    Attached Images Attached Images

will be a great investment
    hey dont you sleep

Pete,

The gold is easy on the eye, white gauges like the Evinrude's would look great on the gold. cheers Steve

G'day Inspired,

Sometimes I sleep ... I am just trying to think of the last time I did ....

G'day Gelsec,

I have a slight dilemma with the gauges.

The Volvo gauges are made by VDO, but apparently the sensors for Volvo are different to the standard sensors they supply.

To replace a genuine Volvo instrument cluster is apparently about $1800

I am about to start looking at my options.

I am not spending $1800 on new ones ... that is just ridiculously expensive.

First thoughts are to remove the old gauges from the Volvo instrument panel and mount them on a carbon fibre panel....

What do you think?

Cheers

Pete

Welcome to owning a volvo.Pete we have a volvo 850 sedan and it needed a new o2 sensor for the injection computer,only genuine would do the job $650.00 for the part alone,generic ford or holden sensor $80-100 ...... >
    Swedish precision mmmmmm
    boat looks good though,
    cheers jon

Those footsteps are standard?
    Ahoj

The drivers side is factory standard.

The passengers side has been cut in as an afterthought .... same moulding, but a pretty crap job of installation... look at the curve in the top.

Cheers

Pete

Darryl

Different that's for sure Pete.

I will let you know if i like the colour when i drive it.

Darryl.

Hey Pete,

In my experience keeping it original will enhance the resale, and in the end looks the best.

I'd go a white base, and maybe a matt black for the dash tops to stop the glare on the screen. But then again, if repainting i'd repaint the boat all white with some decent graphics and original shark cat stickers, which imho would beat even the best paintjob in metallic paints and all. But, It's easy to say it, not so easy to do it!

Regards

Darren

G'day Guys,

The idea is to have something different, yet still attractive (hopefully)

White always looks neat, as does the original colours.

But

I want something different....

Maybe pearlescent lime green?

Check out this photo now the plastic has been taken down off the windows, and the sun is on the paint ... the colour is more life like in this pic.
    If you look closely on the right hand side of the dash, you can see the original colour where mark couldnt get with the gun ... this gives you a direct comparison of the old and new colour.
    The new colour is about 3 shades darker than the original yellow, and obviously is metallic as well. #It is a bright gold, called midas gold.... in the original pics it looked greenish due to the afternoon sun filtering through the overspray on the plastic sheeting on the windows.

If anyone wants to check it out in person, I will be on the boat again tomorrow ... I would like some other opinions.

I also value your comments, and criticism if you think it is warranted.

The family likes the colour, but they are the only ones to see it as yet.

The boat is at Sandgate ... call me 0419 263 264

Cheers

Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mate - I quite like that colour! It will certainly be different to every other boat out there...

You need to get a bad "Dutch" accent like Goldmember from Austin Powers now!

Hey Pete,

Well you did ask for opinions, otherwise I'd have kept my mouth firmly shut

The gold just doesn't do it for me mate. (In my opinion of course) it's a tad tacky, and wouldn't look out of place on a 70's Star Trek set. Perhaps it looks better in the flesh, but if you're after something different rather than original or standard, I'm sure there must be a heap of options with a bit more class - something less gaudily Las Vegas.

Sorry

Of course, it's your call mate. From what I've seen of your work, they seem to turn out alright in the end. I hope this doesn't offend you (or jeopardise my chances of a spin on the finished article)

Good luck,
    Mike