Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharkat 700 Rebuild

Re: Sharkat 700 Rebuild

Grand Marlin....
    Why the stainless steel sides re-enforcing or damage? Or for fishing reasons??

I am looking forward to see the progress of ( what name is the cat?
    we will see this cat all plastered fireglassed sanded sand blasted leg re-dun motor repainted and then tape it all up get in to a spray booth come next morning and valla' --- magic Just magic. The reward the glory and the smile from total satisfaction...... and it will be even bigger thrill since you just love CAT's.....

Please preferably NOT yellow Can i suggest a name?? " MEOW"

PS. Tell Renai she has a taste

Good Luck ----Ahoj

Who's boat is it? lo lol

$15?? Bargain
    Shane

Thanks Mike,
    Might be worth a little more than that when it is finished #

I will call you tomorrow, be there on Friday to do your boat

Ahoj, the stainless "cladding" was to stop damage when it was used commercially for spanner crabs .... dragging the pots over the side wrecks the gelcoat very quickly.

It is my boat ..... MY BOAT .... get it ??? MY BOAT
    oh crap, she just walked in ..... Our boat

Cheers

Pete

Ok ... Names....

Any suggestions? (except meeow ) thanks Ahoj ...

And any suggestions on colour?

I am thinking Metallic Gold.....

Black on the outside I reckon. Tufff
    Shane

Something like the HSV Panther Mica ... Black pearl with the blue / silver fleck through it ...
    Could look good #

Darryl

2 pack white hull, lotsa stainless.

2200 hours = equal to 160.000 road km and a diesel = Just run in==== thats how I like to see motors keep on going not paying 20K outboard with high revs--- burn out in 200 hours and throw it away and those fictitious services costing the earth to change spark plugs prematurely...
    you run a outboard motor @ 5ooo revs per minute for an hour its like a grand prix speed car... on the other hand run a diesel @ 1800 revs and it will run forever... 10.000 hours is not unusual so long as one look after heat exchanger and replace regularly...I like that double screw.... Marlin you are going to have a nice and ecconomical CAT unit I like .....

Ahoj

she'll be a sweet ride mate, i'm a mobile spraypainter(not putting my hand up for the job) but if you want to experiment with colours give me a yell!!!i carry a full tint system on board (like the panel shops only more condensed) just grab colour codes from various vechile manufactors and i can make small amounts up on the spot. can spray test panels on it to get a true indication of your colour choice. pm me if ya want a hand.

cheers

lippa

Huge scope for improvement.

How long do you envisage this thing will take to bring back to life

Chris

G'day Crestcutter,
    White looks neat, but I want something different.

G'day Ahoj,
    Thanks for the comments, and hopefully the diesel will see 10000 hrs.
    It looks a bit shabby in the pics, but it is all cosmetic.

G'day Lippa,
    Thanks for the offer. I will catch up and have a chat to you sometime.

G'day Angla,
    I think it should only be a few months to completion... the only factor will be finding time from work duties....

Cheers

Pete

bcb20

Pete,

This looks like an awesome project and I envy you. I'll be watching the progress with keen interest, given that as a "ankle-biter" my family had quite a bit of involvement in cats in there early years through various people and also owing a 21ft Wind Tunnel, from the old "Pacific 1000" days (now that going back in time!).

Best of luck and I hope to see plenty of pictures during the project......

Sabre

Grand Marlin,

It is refreshing to hear someone who works in a job and enjoys it sooooo much that when they get time off they work on the same sort of job. After looking at the yatala rebuild photos I am sure this Cat will come up a treat and you (sory both of you) will enjoy it very much.

Look forward to seeing the end results.

Cheers,
    Fez

Hooray another "Ausfish Rebuild" for us all to drool over. good on you Pete for sharing it with all of us.
    That will be one hell of a family/fishing/glamour machine when its done if the Yalta is anything to go by. Although you may find getting time to work on it a bit hard to come by as I am sure you will be seeing a lot of new customers knocking on your door that have been "referred" from Ausfish.
    I look forward to seeing the rebuild unfold as im sure everyone else does.

Cheers and beers
    Scott
    "Mystique" Haines Signature 580BR with 175 of Mr Suzuki's finest ponies

G'day Sabre, Fez & Argle,

What kind words from you all ... nearly enough to make a bloke blush #

Aaahhh yes ... work on boats all week, play on boats all weekend, and talk on Ausfish when I am relaxing ... Life doesnt get much better #

So far, we have stripped all the shag pile carpet off the walls, carpet off the floor, removed all the old bolts that werent needed (1/2 a 9 litre bucket of stainless screws and bolts), removed all the timber work, electronics, electrical wiring, switch panels,curtains #, steering wheel, etc etc etc ... ready to renew it all.

Cheers

Pete