Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Sharkat 700 Rebuild

Re: Sharkat 700 Rebuild

G'day Guys,

Thanks for the encouragement, but Hungry is right .... I have landscaped around it and painted a garden gnome on the side.

Sadly, my Dad took crook in August, and I have been seeing to a lot of his business affairs, as well as my own.

Therefore something has to suffer - and yes, it is the boat.

I will keep you informed as soon as I get back into it.

Cheers

Pete

sorry to hear about your dad mate!!
    Wish you and your family all the best!!

Hey GM,

After the rebirth of that other thread I thought i'd find this one and bring it up again (sorry if it's bad memories!)

Have you done any more to the boat? Do you still own it? It would be good to see the progress.

Regards

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by boatboy50 View Post
    Hey GM,

After the rebirth of that other thread I thought i'd find this one and bring it up again (sorry if it's bad memories!)

Have you done any more to the boat? Do you still own it? It would be good to see the progress.

Regards

Darren
    I spoke to Pete today and he's too busy working on everybody elses boat to work on his own!! Im still waiting on the starting line for the 560 to show up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dean1 View Post
    I spoke to Pete today and he's too busy working on everybody elses boat to work on his own!! Im still waiting on the starting line for the 560 to show up!!

I detailed the 560 a bit before christmas last year Deano.... I'm waiting for a trip in it yet!!

As far as I know the 560 is about 12 hrs away from finish and the big girl is due for paint.

Don't forget you lot, Pete's busy building a house atm, but he had his priorities right with getting the shed up first!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened View Post
    I detailed the 560 a bit before christmas last year Deano.... I'm waiting for a trip in it yet!!

As far as I know the 560 is about 12 hrs away from finish and the big girl is due for paint.

Don't forget you lot, Pete's busy building a house atm, but he had his priorities right with getting the shed up first!

Dave
    Yeah mate id kill for a big shed.. 4 bay nice and high for the boat to fit under.. Aaahhh dreams are free Hows bussiness Dave??

Quote Originally Posted by Dean1 View Post
    Yeah mate id kill for a big shed.. 4 bay nice and high for the boat to fit under.. Aaahhh dreams are free Hows bussiness Dave??

G'day

Flat out like a lizard drinking.... just came off of a 46' hunter today.

Gotta have the dreams Deano, if you don't, you will perish.

Dave

What a fantastic project, I hope all works out for Pete and this baby gets finished!

Cheers,

Nick

G'day again Guys,

This is like "Grand Marlin - This is your life"
    Everyone keeps finding my old posts.

Well, I suppose an update is in order.

My Dad is doing quite ok after his heart attack.

My 560 Sportsman is all but complete.
    It has the new floor in, Hydraulic steering, transom lifted for 25" motors, motors fitted, 2 x 90 litre ice boxes.
    All it needs is a service on the motors, the new HDS Lowrance units to be fitted and it is away. (I will be sellng the brand new Lowrance 525 sounder and 5200 GPS, I fitted them up, but they have never been used.)

The 7m Cat hasn't been touched since last post
    It is definitely next on the agenda.
    It is so close it isn't funny - just needs a few weekends to get it done.

As Dean mentioned, I have been extremely busy doing work on boats for others and haven't had a chance to get stuck into my own.

We have just bought an acreage property, put up a good size workshop / shed, so now people can bring their boats to us if they wish and we have plenty of storage room.
    We are still mobile as well, so nothing has changed there.
    The workshop allows us to take on other types of jobs that were very hard to do when mobile.

Hopefully I can give an update soon of some progress on the big cat.

I have them lined up, just need to shoot them.

Cheers

Pete

Lol @ GM,

Very nice collection of toys (even if their not all yours!)

Any cat finatic would be proud of that garden!

Is that a 6.2 Kevla in there getting a remake also?

Love to see a thread on the rebuild of the 560 too if you have the time!

Exactly what is it that you do work wise GM?

Thanks again.

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by boatboy50 View Post
    Lol @ GM,

Exactly what is it that you do work wise GM?

Darren

Collect Cats

Come on now Pete.Tell him your story.
    Darren he is great at his work, but a little shy sometimes.
    You can do it Pete.
    David

Seriously Darren,

My business is Valet Boat Services.
    I supply and fit all types of accessories to boats - electronics from base sounder / gps units right through full Raymarine, Furuno and Lowrance systems with twin screens, digital radar and autopilots, rewiring of boats, dual batteries, Stereos, deck wash / live bait pumps, VHF Radios, Sani Loo onboard sanitation units & toilets etc etc etc.
    I also do rod holders, bait boards, game fishing accessories such as outriggers & chairs from Reelax, carpets, gelcoat / light fibreglass repairs, refurbishments, trailer work - including mods for drive on.
    Pretty much anything to do with accessories on boats.
    I work both mobile between Brisbane, Gold Coast & Sunshine Coast, and at our new workshop on the north side of Brisbane.

Yes, that is a 6.2 being redone for a client.

I will get some pics together of the 560 for you to see.
    I have them, just have to resize them and post them up.

Cheers

Pete

hey, is that the 560 that you got a while ago? I thought you had sold it if it is the one I am thinking of.

Thanks Pete,

Good to see business is going well.

Darren