Like yours mate? You been most helpful,now go have a lie down .Well done
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

jim_farrell

Re: ATTN POLY OWNERS

I wouldn't think you would continually have enough pressure on a fish for it to cut into the boat. Or am i fishing handlines wrongly. I don't wear gloves so it would damage my hand more than the boat if i was using either as a drag mechanism. I just tilt the handline and let another loop off if i am struggling to hold it.

Am i missing something?

Jim

Mate i cannot give you advise as i know nothing about Polly Craft boats.
    But it might sound silly but why not try what is used on fibreglass boats to solve your problem.
    Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_Bender
    the bloke wanted some advice, some people have no life with such responses.

good onya mate!!!

me like most people on this site site, like to throw a bit of banter around, to lighten' things up a little. poly/ally/glass/concrete. i really dont care what its made of as long as the bloke that ownes it likes it...........thats all that matters.

to keep this on topic. the line aint gunna make bugger all difference to the normae wear and tear you are gunna receive.

go forth and enjoy the "esky"

cheers in beers

lippa

TIM-DONSELAAR

Drop the boys at Polycraft an email,Im sure they will answer any questions you need to know #

cheers tim #

C'mon Rodbender, its all good fun. Not exactly a life threatening predicament he is in.

Besides, if you wanna get technical, your post is not exactly productive either. no malice implied or intended. You must be getting edgy waiting for your next fishing session. Me too

Damo

p.s. for the record, i agree with Gelsec. any line rubbing hard enough to cut plastic will cut itself first. Besides, Boy-z, what is a few marks in the gunnels anyway. You didn't buy a poly to look pretty now did you. (duck, weave, dance)
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But ,flogging him into submission will result in him taking up crabbing.... and once he gets a taste of that sh*t, well, he may never return again.

Braid handlines? That would be like having a tug-of -war with piano wire

Having owned a Poly I do not believe you will have any dramas. If it was pulling that hard either the line would seperate or you would lose some fingers before the boat was damaged. I am sure you will enjoy the boat. If the 530 was out when we bought the signature 542cc I am sure we would have given it a real good look.

Regards

Rob

I don't think it would be a problem at all Boy-z

I had a poly 530 up until very recently and still have a tuff tender.

I have managed to put some marks in the gunnels of the tuff tender from having it cop a good bouncing around on the trailer after the mudguards bent up making the strap holding the boat down loose. (the tie-down hook was on the flimsy mudguards - easy fixed). This was on a horrid track and the boat was loaded with gear

I noticed the marks are a lot less apparent than they were just after it happened, I won;t be at all surprised if they all but dissapear once the plastic fully regains it's "memory"

If you do manage to cut it with a handline you deserve a medal, and it would have to be a corker of a fish so you probably wouldn;t mind a battle scar to remember it by anyway!

Enjoy the Warrior, I'm sure you'll love it.
    Cheers,
    Tony

As they say "Chicks dig scars" and even if it does, can't you just iron out those little nicks on a poly?
    You say fish, I say yes please.

themisses

Yep, Just hit it with a heat gun and smooth it over with a knife i believe.

Good question and some! good answers... I have not owned bit fished out of a poly on numerous occasions, and gotto say was very suprised a tthe performance and stability...wow awesome boats, good point though but I doubt a line as said would have the force to cut into the gunwhale and still be able to be picked up n played to the boat...unless I only been catching tiddlers

I fish reefs from a poly kayak. I often use handlines to target Snapper and the like - we find this highly sucessful and often score well, I have not found any marks that have been caused by fishing line though,

However poly will scratch very easily. Especially from sand and reef.

Minor scratches; sand down and carefully use a head gun until the surface becomes shiny. For serious scratches, dents and cuts you can get a poly welder from the yellow pages.

The hull should be around 20mm thick from memory on a polycraft - so do stress out over minor scratches.
    Tight lines, Look Cool - Act Cool - Be Cool

Ocean Kayak Prowler Elite 4.5 meter

SIMPLE SOLUTION............USE A ROD!

as stated above nothing a heat gun wont fix.