Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What to use for Tender

staddie_local

Re: What to use for Tender

well what kind of car do you have, the car would restict the size limit that you can put ontop of your vehical.
    les

Gelsec , you having trouble sleeping ??
    I was at work at that time....
    I've been thinking along similar lines , frame of some sort and a winch
    and rollers . I am still thinking 3 m alloy of some description , even if
    it has to have those blue sausages to gain stability and become fenders in one go.
    I really want to be able to safely fish in croc zones in 3m dinghy.
    And at least be able to duck under gunnell , and make him have to want me .Poly sounds way to heavy...
    I wish i had a money tree , alloy davit and electric winch would be on order.There must be 3m dinghy that would way about 40/50 kg ,
    even if it's old , it's only going to get older. I'd have to mount the winch high enough as to not hit the roof with the handle ??But the frame idea
    is in the right direction..
    Ta JUD.

saurian, yes I am, it's been that kinda couple of weeks, another story.

I was thinking of the winch forward on the canopy and raised, that way the frame and boat can be raised and lowered together. When the frame reaches it's folded out position (say 30-45 deg) at the rear of the canopy, the boat starts it's descent on it's own. Then it's simply a matter of slacking off the winch wire when it reaches the water and bringing in to the stern of the Borger on a painter. Stability tubes won't effect the manoeuvre at all, in fact, they'll help float the boat throughout.
    The complete frame and boat assembly could even be removable without too much trouble, pined hinging similar to lay down masts on a small yacht.

food for thought anyway, as you may have noticed I enjoy problem solving.

regards

I got you now gelsec , I've been thinking pulling up as you have been thinking down .
    Same thoughts different result.
    Ta Jud

The_Walrus

Luc , ta .
    I just think 80 kg is not for me
    But poly would be in same configuration but 40/50 kg.
    Ta Jud