Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Engine Update

Re: Engine Update

Quote Originally Posted by Kopey
    [quote author=Kerry link=1161015313/75#85 date=1162900128][quote author=Luke Groen link=1161015313/75#82 date=1162900012]How many 140's have come home with blown powerheads from being over stressed, kerry?

There's your answer mate.
    And would YOU really KNOW one way or the other?
    [/quote]

Being in my position and knowing who I know yes. So what do you do for a crust that makes you such an expert??? #[/quote]

As if a person in YOUR POSITION would let on regardless of who you know. Oh Kopey it's called PR nothing new!

Kerry your knowledge simply astonishes me!

Not only do you know more about the KC2400's then Kevlacat themselves but you also know more about Suzis too. You win, Bravo!!

Post us what you do for a living on this thread, I'm intriguied.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Groen
    Kerry,

I spose you would hey mate?

How many threads do you see about DF140 problems? They've been on the market for how many years now? I've got a few mates with them and they've never had any issues, ever.

I spose you would hey mate? yeah mate I spose I do even before the deck mould was finished.

So yes Luke do tell how long have the DF140's been on the market and when were they first released in oz. You got sales numbers of DF140's too, they would be interesting. Obviously the release would have been after Suzuki unceremoniously took their bat and ball and left the country

So what do you do for a living Kerry??? (Outboard engineer, shipwright, marine engines technician?)

Kerry your knowledge simply astonishes me! #

Not only do you know more about the KC2400's then Kevlacat themselves but you also know more about Suzis too. You win, Bravo!! #

Post us what you do for a living on this thread, I'm intriguied. #
    And all the time I thought you knew something about KC's, all those fit-outs and all! That can be forgiven but not handling direct suzzie questions that is unforgivable Might be an opening in PR if all else fails

So what do you do for a living Kerry??? (Outboard engineer, shipwright, marine engines technician?)
    Nothing to do with the subject and totally irrelevent

When your suzzies have done 16 years come on back and we'll compare apples to apples.

In the meantime don't continue bleating about KC's you've shown you know jack schitt about 'em, fitted a few so what! no big deal and 140 anything's on a 2400 is nothing more than a "holeshot" wank!

Okay coward I'll put it to you plain and simple, What do you do for a job?

I believe it directly relates to all the posts in your thread so why not be a man and answer the question? Or are you too ashamed and cowardly to answer such a simple question?

AND bring your detailed service records and detailed costing for the 16 years!

Okay coward I'll put it to you plain and simple, What do you do for a job?

I believe it directly relates to all the posts in your thread so why not be a man and answer the question? # #Or are you too ashamed and cowardly to answer such a simple question? #

my dads a truck driver, and knows loves afl footy, can tell you every stat from every gf in the last 30 years. do you have to be in the marine trade to know and understand boats and motors??????? did dad have to play in the big leauge to know what he does about footy?????????????

So you listen to this expert instead of the technician next time you go buy an outboard.

I see he's still too gutless to even answer a simple question.

Luke_Groen

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry
    [quote author=Luke Groen link=1161015313/75#89 date=1162900653]Kerry,

I spose you would hey mate?

How many threads do you see about DF140 problems? They've been on the market for how many years now? I've got a few mates with them and they've never had any issues, ever.

I spose you would hey mate? yeah mate I spose I do # even before the deck mould was finished.

So yes Luke do tell how long have the DF140's been on the market and when were they first released in oz. You got sales numbers of DF140's too, they would be interesting. Obviously the release would have been after Suzuki unceremoniously took their bat and ball and left the country # # #[/quote]

Wouldn't have a clue mate do you?

woweeeee! this has turned from a technical discussion into a slanging match ................. what the!

hey adam, in regards to your question about 2 pages of slanging ago. i think it was along the lines of "what is the 4s trying to do to keep up with a 2s?"

the answer is simple, the 4s is trying so hard to get outright 'balls and all' performance from the same capacity/physical size motor and it will happen at the expense of reliability.

remember back when a dirty old xr250 honda 4s dirtbike would get blown into the weeds by say a 2s cr250? i'd guarantee you though, that the xr would still be running on the same piston in 10years time but the cr would be munching a piston or 2 a year.

now in the intersts of current 4s technology/sales (and the environment) they get a very similar output out of a highly tuned slightly larger capacity 4s motor and this is the replacement for the 2s model. but the maintenance goes through the roof, almost back to the same level of maintenance that the 2s required in the first place.

now i know this isn't boats, it's bikes. but i reckon that the same basic engine theory holds. boats are going through a revolution in 2s technology now that hasn't reached the bike world yet.

my comment still holds in that i'd still buy a 4s at the moment but the di2s are starting to look good

Would even have to agree with paddles As it is about this time in the 4S outboard revolution that 4S repair costs are starting to bite and quite frankly bite hard with regards parts and even labour.

The simpliest engine, fewer parts with good fuel economy and environmental commitments will win the day along with purchase costs and the lowest cost engine will be due to simplicity.

Take Yamaha the same piston fitted the entire HP range from 115 to 200's, that's smart management. That BRP the E-tec might be a technology but the hardware used in the V4's V6's is the same that has been used in OMC's for the past 20 years, the is also smart management, keeps costs down and maintains better part supply.

Australia is not a big outboard market, hence along with other reasons why some outboard manufacturers took their business out of the country.

Many people don't look to far down the track and in any case a lot of outboards sold in this country are too recretaional people who will loose interest way before there are any major problems anyway. For operators they will replace on a regular basis and pass on the probelms to someone else.

Regards, Kerry.

This is what they call "new technology"
    Sorry bud, the piston engine has been around since the turn of the century. They either come in 2 stroke or 4 stroke. All we've been doing all this time is refining it and in the case of the 2 stroke, throwing more crap on it to try make it do what a 4 stroke does best.

An what does a 4S do best?

What has changed with 4S's since the horse was pensioned off?

Well apart from being naturally more efficient, quieter, less smokier, smoother running, more durable longer lasting engine and apart from what they do best in the F1 cars and GP bikes and I spose Bombardier's flagship jetskis!

The Suzi being almost 2 litres is the most understressed engine in it's class so there's no reason why you can't get 140 horses out of the same powerhead.
    So you take a 90HP 1950cc engine out to a 140 HP 2044cc engine, an extra 94cc and pick up 50HP? over half the base HP and it's not stressed!

Not talking about the stress of the 90 Kopey, it's lazy, the stress of the 140 is the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Groen
    How many 140's have come home with blown powerheads from being over stressed, kerry?

There's your answer mate.
    So Kerry what about the stress of the Tohatusu TLDI 90 then: 1267cc or maybe the Etec 90: 1295cc, tell us with your expert knowledge from doing what was it again for a living???