Thread: i-boats

i-boats

Do any of you have trouble accessing i-boats in the USA?

I used to access it and was a member of the forum. I found it was a great place for information, similar to Ausfish of course, but then one day, I couldn't access it at all. I hadn't done anything to upset the applecart so I can't really understand why.

Frank

Re: i-boats

nope, I have been a member of Iboats for yonks and have no trouble, although it is a little slower that it used to be, there are some very knowledgable guys on there, especially if you have a yamaha a guy called 'rodbolt" and "ray neudecker" know more about them than anyone on the planet, there are a couple of OMC gurus as well namely "dhadley" and another that I cannot remember.

Frank,

I cant access Iboats either.
    Had communications with a few dealers and nearly imnported a boat approx 12 months ago, now I cant even get on the website.

Cheers,
    Rich

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

It appears iboats is on a website black list. For example, my company's server will not allow access to this site (and a whole bunch of others) as we subscribe to blacklist databases. iboats must have done some serious spamming somewhere along the line. I access it from home these days.

What are blacklists/blocklists?

A blacklist or blocklist is a database containing known internet addresses (or IPs) used by individuals or companies sending spam. Various ISP's and bandwidth providers subscribe to these DNS blacklist databases to filter out spam sent across their network or to their subscribers.

Some of the most widely checked DNSBL blacklists (DNS-based lists) are Spamcop, MAPS blacklist, and SPAMHaus - our Blacklist Monitor™ checks against these and many more.

Just tried to access I-boats via Google on the work puta and I get the message
    "The page cannot be displayed"

One of their sub-sites, boatmotors.com, is not available either.
    I'll have to give it a try from home tonight

I still do NOT have a problem, was on there 1 minute ago, must be some odd things with your service providers or something

I have not been able to get on there for ages. It did it one other time and i got blocked for

ages then out of the blue it worked until this last time, still waiting.

It's a never-ending problem and I have posted about it here in the years past also, emailed them from a different ISP and they replied that due to information harvesting they had blacklisted my ISP.
    I changed ISP's to get back on at the time.
    They are very proactive in their protection of upload data.

Actually I didn't change ISP's I would log onto on of those anonymous server services to access it.
    cheers fnq

Thanks guys at least I know it isn't just me.
    I'll try an anonymous server and see how I go.

Yep, used http://proxify.com/ and I got in straight away. Bit of a pain though, and a shame, I wonder who did what.

Thanks again

Cant get in at work or home using dial-up or DSL...

Iboats seems to be out of reach to most Aussies..

Shame because its a great site.

accessed it this morning ok, on isdn....

http://forums.iboats.com/