Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evinrude Ficht

Evinrude Ficht

Hey fellow Ausfishers

Looking at buying a second hand boat with a 115 hp evinrude ficht outboard on the bum(2000 model) Would love to here your thoughts on this type of motor good or bad.
    Thanks in advance

Cheers Ryan

Re: Evinrude Ficht

G'day
    Strap yourself in...........

Seriously tho, the ficts well.... major hit and miss there.

Best to chat to spaniard_king.

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

Hi rcfisher,
    # # # # # # # # #I stand to be corrected,but I think there may have been a problem or two with the the '99-'00 ficht engines that caused some dramas for the manufacturer!
    # # # # # # # #No doubt we will be enlightened !

Hey Disorderly

Was thinking along the same lines but not quite sure.

REEL_CRUISEY

Hi rcfisher,
    i had a 99 model on hunter had no problems with it when i sold it had 260 hours and going strong!

The ficht issues were mainly with the 150-175.

they brought out new ECM's in 1999 which indexed the change from homogenous injection to startified(between 1500 and 2000rpm), this was causing soot build up and eventually seizures.

Personally I think they (OMC) had the technology right in the end, it's just the creditors forclosed before they could recoupe the losses on the 150-175.

I would imagine the ficht 's will become hard to get parts as they have quite a few different models with so many different parts and you have to wonder how long Bombardier will support these engines.

parts are not cheap either. In 1999 1 V6 injector was $500AUD.

Garry
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Hi

River City Marine would be worth talking to

Whichway

They are a awesum motor when they are running. As Garry says, parts are/will be expensive.

We had a 1998 or 1999 model 115hp. Had lots of problems between 20 and 150hrs. I lost count of all the work that the dealer did on it. It was fixed, then siezed, new powerhead etc the list went on.

Eventually we got a whole new motor under warranty. It was a late 1999 or early 2000 model and it ran great for 6 months/70 hrs then we got rid of it before anything could go wrong.

I would not buy one myself.

fishin_dave

I have a 150 DI on the back of mt V17R and have no complaints about fuel consumption or running problems. My opinion is go for it.

Before you put your money down get the powerhead serial numbers and ring Bombadier/whoever in Australia and find out what series the powerhead is and what updates may have been done (you need to nail this), in the end they were a reliable engine before that I heard their secondhand value was around $2 per kg.

cheers fnq

Luke_Groen

We had a 2000 200 ficht on our Haines and had a few dramas. We went through 2 computers and she used to refuse to start every now and then. We put 700h on it in 5 years before we sold it. It was a little thirsty and used a fair bit of oil. I would steer clear IMO

So being a 2000 "ficht", is this the original ficht or the RAM ficht?

The 200's & 225's might have had all the USCG attention but pre 2000 a ficht was basically a ficht (bad news) and the end result was basically OMC in chapter 11.

As for the forclosure it was basically a result of OMC management and untested technology.

Regards, Kerry.

Luke_Groen

Hi Kerry,

It was a Ficht Ram.

Luke, The query was for rcfisher but the RAM's although not totally fixed certainly were not as bad as the original ficht's as your 5 years indicate. At least it didn't go kaboooooom!

rcfisher,

what are your thoughts with the replies so far??

Garry
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech