Thread: Springwood Marine/Service cost?

Springwood Marine/Service cost?

Hi all,

Just after some opinions on the Springwood Marine service (good or bad) - my work's moved down to the Southside, so it would be compratively easy to drop the boat off on the way. I've got a Suzuki DF70, and they're a dealer, so it would work well for me. However, the main priority is that it gets done properly, and then it's about value for money.

Also, I did give them a call for a quote on an annual service, and reckoned it was a bit exy. Having said that, this is my first motor in this size so I don't have much experience of the service cost. Ball park figure, what would a fair price be? There's nothing at all wrong with the motor I know of, it's just a routine full service...

BTW - I realise they're a site sponsor, and I've had good dealings with the guys in the tackle shop in the past, but if you want to keep your opinions private, please PM me rather than not respond at all.

Thanks for any help.

Good luck,
    Mike

Re: Springwood Marine/Service cost?

Gday mike, I have used Springwood Marine for my boat service. Got a 30 merc serviced and from memory it was under $150.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

Mike, all i can say is stay clear of the joint, sponsors or not.

Do it your self,we don't wanna become like the japanese men who don't know how to use a hammer

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo59
    Do it your self,we don't wanna become like the japanese men who don't know how to use a hammer
    Knowing my mechanical (in)abilities, I don't think that'd be too good for my warranty.

Good luck,
    Mike

Mike,mate im with davo22,
    did someone say rrroooouuuuggggghhhhhhh
    as guts!!!!!!!!!!

Surely they too would abide by the rules of the Boating Service Industry in QLD.

1. Muck the customer around as much as possible, tell them you can pick the boat up at 5pm (just don't specify a day).
    2. Only do half the job, but charge for twice the oil and labour that was actually used on the works.
    3. Leave as much grease and oil over the floor of the boat as possible (the customer will think that something has been touched).
    4. Break as many things as possible (pay attention to lights, wiring and trailer plugs).
    5. Last but not least, DON"T THANK THE CUSTOMER FOR THEIR BUSINESS.

Give me the old "Used Car Salesman" over the boat yard anyday.

Regards Cameron.

kleyny

brought my boat from there not real happy with the after sales service
    especially after my trailer wheel fell off > > >
    i wouldnt trust em with my engine

kleyny

noluck

nevrer had anythink to do with workshop but takle shop #"good sevice"
    try joint around corner NEPTUNE marine thay do suzuky