Thread: Carpenator...

Carpenator...

G'day all!
    Not the most glamerous of all species, but they're here and sometimes we snag one larger than normal.
    Here I was minding my own business flicking a Tom Jones on the banks of lake Moddewarre (near Moriac/Geelong in Vic) for a trout when this big fat gasper grabed the fly.

"In the red corner - weighing in at 9.16 kg, measuring 70 cm in length, 74 cm around the guts and wearing the golden scaly trunks - Mr. E.Carp!"

He took me to about 5 winds of backng on the reel and about 40 minutes fight/tug-o-war.

Anyway, I figured this honker deserved a weigh in at the club (I'm in an ANSA club) since you get a few poins for big fish on light gear and I'd only ever weighed one fish in during 5 years membership!
    As it turns out, the fish was a pending ANSA Australian flyfishing record on 2 kg tippet!
    Not really the way you'd like to introduce yourself to other Australian record holders, but beggers can't be choosers and I'll take it... #

Anyway, here it is....

Cheers, Slates
    PS: the gear is a 6wt GL3 Loomis with a GPX line and 2kg leader.

Re: Carpenator...

thats the biggest goldfish I ever seen

good on ya slates. atleast you made the record books.

Yeah ! I was fairly pumped

There are much bigger ones in there though! One bloke landed a honker around 18 kg on fly about a month after I grassed this one!!

Cheers, Slates