Thread: Green Bass

Green Bass

A Victorian Green Bass, caught in the Ovens River.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Re: Green Bass

I live in WA , Ive never heard of a Green Bass ??????, It looks like a Murry Cod ? . Is that just a name you use for them ??????
    By the way , looks like a great fish. We are'nt as fortunate over here to have as many freshwater species as you !!!!
    Regards , Fozz from west Ozz

Dale, is it true the rumours I hear about the place that you are re-naming all fish species to reflect popular demand??

I particularly like the Slack Jaw Perch (Bass) tag!!

Please keep up the confusing work!! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Randall
    Dale, is it true the rumours I hear about the place that you are re-naming all fish species to reflect popular demand??

I particularly like the Slack Jaw Perch (Bass) tag!!

Please keep up the confusing work!! #;-)
    Only the Australian ones Randall. So far I have discovered a few Salt varieties that need renaming.
    We have the Pointy Nosed Leaping Racing Bass, Long Tailed Racing Bass, Yellow Tinged Racing Bass (shown below in it's natural habitat), Black Eyed Yummy Red Bass, Flat Silver Racing Bass, Big Red Eyed Bass (up North, none around here yet.), The Mutant Red Toothy Bass, and the Ugly Flat Headed Bass. I discovered a new one last weekend, and I've christened it the Big Mouthed Black with Spots Toothy Estuary Bass.
    Obiously in the Fresh there is the Slack Jaw Bass, the Green Bass, (As above) the Tiny Headed Golden Bellied Bloated Lazy Bass and down south, they have the Spotted Leaping Alpine Carp.
    I should have some more photo's of diferent Bass species to enlighten the readers next week.
    Dale

Here's one of those Big Mouthed Black with Spots Toothy Estuary Bass.
    Dale