Thread: tongariro brown

Neil_c

tongariro brown

The Tongariro River has had a fresh and the Brown Trout are running. This beauty weighed 8 1/4lb and had too be chased from one pool, down a set of rapids and landed in the next pool Sometimes things just pan out coz I thought it was gone for sure

Neil

Re: tongariro brown

...Finally! A fish I recognize! We catch them in Lake Michigan! What did you get him on? In the early spring, while the water is cool, we catch them from shore. We use spoons or cranks-baits, or large minnows with a drop shot rig. They are great fighters! That's a nice fish. Congratulations!

The biggest one I ever caught was about 8 inches Had a nice one follow this spring but it missed the spoon and swam away. I saw a picture of one caught by a guy in a boat that was near forty pounds I couldn't believe my eyes!

It was nice to see a fish I know on an Australian fishing site! Thanks for posting it and again, congratulations on a great catch Niel C!
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

G-day Neal,
    ORSM fish mate . nothin like a bit of a cross country jog to keep you warm while playin the beast in.
    Keep the pics coming

Staggy

Nice fush neil.
    80mm green Koolabung I presume.
    Looks cold bud.3degrease here in dudvagus as I type.Gotta move to FNQ.
    BG.

Neil_c

It is fly only on this New Zealand river El-Carpo, got him on a brown woolly bugger. The locals recon you can tell a Brown by the way they swim upstream when hooked, this one didn't read the script

Staggy - I was steaming up by the time I landed it mate. I buggered up my digi camera - doesn't like water apparantly ??? - will have to take Sal out more often now, she won't let me take itwith me.......I dunno why

BG - No, not the koolabung this time but I was thinking of using one of our ubeaut spinnerbaits but I recon the locals would string me up

Neil

........"this one didn't read the script "......

They never do! Well, you landed him anyway, so that counts for double! Good job! Look at the bright side, you got some extra exercise! That's what my brother told me after I chased my hat (which blew off my head) for about a block and a half on a fishing trip we took last year.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"