Thread: 7.1lb texas largemouth bass

7.1lb texas largemouth bass

got this bad boy on a 3 day fishing trip to lake fork texas.
    got it on a 6" or 7" zoom trick worm(red bug color)rigged wacky style.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgDjAtAUa9WPNEi7rMZ1tpGlMex4OplPg6WpZv2SHNmzac*6a !JvsNKr17HBlzZrB1cqldAwE6yy!!nX1zutUblIg7pICkh0b9A Db8Pizzg/7.1.jpg.jpg?dc=4675512565898135891[/img]

Re: 7.1lb texas largemouth bass

I've been trying to catch a fish like that for 29 years! Beautiful colors it has. Nice!
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

FlyRod

Good work ...thats a great fish mate!!!! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

nice fish tom

nice fish.. wacky style??
    Cheers, Mark.

Daintreeboy,

Wacky style rigging is a method of fishing plastic worms (especially Senkos). You hook the lure through the middle (half-way point) of the body instead of threading it through the tip like you would for a Texas or Carolina rig. This gives the lure more action. Both the front and back of the lure quiver and shake with the slightest of movement of your rod tip. The other methods work too but their action is almost like the lure is being led by the nose (crawling forwards). The hooks used are often short shanked and have a wide gap. I hope I explained it clearly.
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

thats wacky rigged. works very well. ive caught some nice fish on them.

Great fish, interesting concept with the platics will have to give it a go. Do you have some weight further up the line. I'm guessing the idea it to make it look as natural as possible to the movment of an worm thats been washed into the water (they tend to sink and go besurk on the bottom)

no weight,although sometimes we'll put a swivel about 12 to 18 inches above the hook to prevent line twist.