Thread: Fitzy with bass - yesterday

Fitzy with bass - yesterday

Had the pleasure of wetting a line with the Fitzmister yesterday (Wed) on Wivenhoe.
    Conditions were not the best - rain, 30knt southerly and then it got cold.
    Garry still managed to find plenty of fish and show me a few techniques that he'd been talking about.

Thanks mate.

Dave ><>

I wasn't counting but had to have caught half a doz or more bass to high 40cm.
    This one was 'a rat' as Fitzy called it - from the cliff face.

Re: Fitzy with bass - yesterday

Hey mate,

Nice Bass!!!

Haven't fished the Big "W" yet, but will suss' it out soon. Looking at the photo, there is an outboard on the boat, what are the rules on the lake in regards to motors?

scotty

wooly can only use electric motors in big wivenhoe

Top looking fish!!! Yes it is an electric motor dam only, but do you as well have to remove your petrol outboard motor from the boat? Can someone clarify this as I am keen to fish Wivenhoe with my electric but don't want the hassle of removing the outboard. Cheers.

The only time that I have been on the lake was for a day of sailing and was informed by the ranger that we can leave the outboard on and can use it for launching and the retrieval of the boat, however cannot use it during transit.

Please correct me if I am wrong...

Electric motors only.
    You do not need to take the outboard off.

Dave ><>

Thanks for the heads up Nugget, sounds like a trip to Wivenhoe is on the cards. I have paid the annual fee to get the boat onto Somerset, does this cover Wivenhoe as well or is there the same fee again to get onto Wivenhoe??

Same fee that covers somerset covers big w as well.