Thread: Peter Faust

Peter Faust

G-day everyone,

well we hooked the tinny on to the work ute and headed off to Faust friday arvo. Brian my eldest son was keen to catch a barra bigger then his best so far of just under 80cm. A quick chat to some of the fishos that had been on the water for a few days was not giving us a very good chance of nailing a barra. I met up with a fellow ausfish member and we made our plan of attack together as Dave had spent a few hours out on the water checking it out.
    On the water by 5-30pm. Dave and his wife were to our left feeding out line on there first run along a drop off when daves line took off at light speed, He burnt his thum trying to slow it down so he could put the reel in gear but wasnt having any luck and when he did punch it in to gear the line expolded at the reel. Barra one,Dave nill. Then it was brians turn, a huge run and then the fish swam towards us. Brian couldnt keep up and we droped the fish.
    several hours trolling around for a couple more strikes but no fish had me wanting to cast into the timber as it was full moon and as clear as day. Brians first cast seen him come up tight and we were sure it was a good barra. But instead a HUGE sooty popped to the top after Brian bullied it out of the sticks. Bigest sooty Iv ever seen. Only 48cm long but it was almost as deep as it was long and as solid as a brick . A quick look for the camera and BUGGA, its in the ute. Well all we can do it chuck him back and start again. 20 min later Brians on again but this time there is no mistaking what the fish is on the end. 85cm of chunky faust barra leaping all over the place through the trees in the moon light. What a buzz when one of your kids is yarhooing around the tinny trying to controll a good fish. We landed him and again I was upset we didnt have the camera for a happy snap of his best ever barra. Brian didnt care as he was just happy to be out fishing with me(or so he tells me)
    Next night first thing put in the tinny was the camera.
    30min into a trolling session at a likely lookin spot Dave found seen Brian onto what he said was only little . Sort of changed his mind when it cleared the water behind the tinny after it discovered it was hooked up. After a long fight Brian managed to glide his BEST ever barra of a wisker over the magic meter to the tinny. One HAPPY young man. Up to this point I was fishless but I think i was even more happy then Brian as the trip was to get him on to a good fish. We sure done that. And to make the capture of the barra even more special Brian was using his favorite lure, a beat up Little Lucifer with hardly any colour left on. lure 5cm/ fish 1mtr.
    I ended up with a 1.12mtr beast and a sportz size 65cm I caught casting in around the trees. Dave managed a 1.08mtr and a 70 somthing. What a great way to spend a weekend.
    C YA.
    Staggy

Re: Peter Faust

my fish

Staggy

Hey foxie if you see this ,,Yes it was bloody cold so I had to have a coat on to keep warm between fish.
    C YA

Staggy

Yeah staggy... top story bloke.... good to see ya get into some top Barra.
    The young fella looks stoked . I guess there would have been a fair few boats there on the weekend. Looking forward to having a flick up there in about 4 weeks time. what sort of contition is the boat ramp in?

Cheers Les

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

DRJ

Staggy

Good stuff

Brian does take a better photo than you

Regards
    Darren

G-day les, the ramp is in good nic but if your not the first one there it can end up a bit of a wait as its only a single lane and if the person in front of you cant back a trailer it takes forever for them to get to the bottom as its a lonnnnnnnnng way down to the water. Most of the fishos were going out from 6am till 6pm,. they were also the ones not catching a lot of fish. Our two big girls were caught between 6-30pm and 8pm. Fish shallow mate, thats were the fish were. Pain in the bum clearing ya lures all the time but it pays off.

I have to agree with you Darren, Im not a good lookin bloke, and Brian does take a much better pic. Mind you Iv got 25 years on him so it will be interesting to see how he scrubs up when he's 41.

C YA

Staggy

Nice Fish Staggy. Keep up the good work!!
    Cheers
    Don.