Thread: Peter Faust

Peter Faust

G-day everyone, Well we shelled out the coin and hired a guide for a morning at Faust. Not to pinch all his fishing hot spots, but to get some new idears on how to tackle some barra in our other QLD dams. Well worth the money I"d say. It was good to have someone watching and pointing out when we were doing things not quite right. The end tally was 5 nill to the BIG girls as we could not stay conected for more then a minute or so before they cleared the water throwing the lure. And I think I seen the biggest barra Iv ever seen today headinng SSW at 92km/ph with shoulders biggeer then Mike Tyson. Andy even managed to get Ben on to a mtr plus fish by sight casting to her only to have her spit the lure back at him as it came back past the boat. I did manage a smaller fish to save the day. All up a great morning.
    C YA
    Staggy

Re: Peter Faust

Nice one Staggy. Looks like it was a great day to be on the water.

Cheers
    Don.
    Cheers
    Don.

staggy..... maybe next time you will stay conected mate.... are they still prefering the smaller lures? Heading up there in a few days to torment some Barra..... hopefully we can get some to stick and boat a few.

Cheers Les

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

G-day Les We only used bigger lures with the guide. Some thing Iv never done before either was to leave the same lure on for the entire morning. I usually change every half hour but Andy didnt seem to think it would make much difference so we stuck with one lure.
    C YA
    Staggy

Thanx staggy.... yeah Andy would have the place wired.
    Will post up the results of trip when get back....
    Just 2 more sleeps

Cheers Les

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Hi Staggy,

what was the lure of choice that andy recomended up there??

cheers - carl

The lures we used on the day Carl were Killalures 20+. Dark blue/White or Silver and a light Greenish/Pearl one. Both with black stripes.

Staggy