Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Zealand trout

Re: New Zealand trout

hi guys im going to queenstown nz in may 2006 for my honeymoon/fishingmoon can any one tell me some great spots inthe south island i can fish and not pay afortune . want areally good fishingmoon. cheers b dowdy...

i work with some kiwis and will post whatever i can for u on monday

cheers nino

ps dont do it the mooning bit i mean
    stick to the fishing at least u can kiss them and throw em back

thanks nino will look forward to that bdowdy...

i was in ROTARUA a few years back and caught some nice browns on fly but was on a boat on the lake. but i did have this booklet that you can pick up at a newsagents ove there and it gives you all the rivers to fish.
    as for chemmy i suggest you borrow a 4 or 5 weight fly rod then we will see if the trout is a non fighter.once you catch one on a dry fly you will be hooked.especially a 4lb plus on 5 weight.
    also if you go to england they have a lot of man made lakes and stock 20+lb trout for you to catch.
    good luck daniel

now that would be fun

hello again
    sorry i didnt get back to u yesterday like i said i would but i only just got the info this arvo

? = spelling

queenstown
    go to milford sounds for good trout

west coast
    graymouth
    hoitika ???
    secluded landbase fishing and both have charters

east coast
    kiakoura (just north of christchurch) whale watching central
    main port in dundien??? landbase (not secluded) both have plenty of charters

my mate recommended the north island for the BEST fishing

i hope this info is of some use to u but remember not to shoot the messenger if u dont get any (fish that is)
    if u plan on going to the north island pm me and ill see what i can do for u

good luck and cheers Nino

thanks nino ill be on the south island and it sounds like ill have plenty of options. thanks heaps again b dowdy...

Hey Morty,
    You will find these days that the Taupo hatchery does not release many fish at all.
    The hatchery was used alot along time ago. The Taupo district trout are all wild fish.
    The hatcherys main role now is for education and is on stand-by incase it is needed.