Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumaresq river cod

nsheppeard

Dumaresq river cod

Gday
    I caught these three cod in October this year on the Damaresq river on the QLD/NSW border. I caught all three cod on a purple and black spinnerbait.

Re: Dumaresq river cod

hi codseeka i know the exact spot were you caught that fish as i live in tenterfeild and have caught a few cod and yellas in the huge snag pile behind you near the willows in the background of your piccie. its agood river when theres water in it. i released 500 cod in that hole about 3 years ago. any how nice fish cheers bdowdy

nsheppeard

Second fish i caught

nsheppeard

Last little cod, he was a hungry little bugger!

nsheppeard

Yeah these fellas would be still swimmin around in there becuase i let them all go again.

codseeka

good to see someone likes to catch and release,as thats all i do in the rivers there to good to catch once. cheers bdowdy

I don't think many people would keep cod these days,especially not the ones casting lures.

drawn

scott_b

Yeah drawn
    # # # # # #The lure casters seem to appreciate the hours put in to catch a good fish but the old die hard dropper fisherman don't give a sh*t !. Useually a sleep when they get the big one.
    # # # #wamjam

scotty

nice fish cod seeka hey b dowdy lats time i fished the demarqe river we got two cod 62 ansd 52 cm that was at beebo wier could anyone tell me if it is running cheers

scotty

gday rossco just a quick question, you say that you caught a tagged fish in the dum river, i have never caught or seen one witha tag ,was it a proper tag or home made job and also you said that the owner stocks the river as well . i wouldnt mind knowing were he gets his fish from. any help could you please give me a pm or chat back soon. bdowdy

bdowdy,yes it was a proper tag through sunfish there is a copy at glenlyon kiosk, can't find my copy at the moment name of tagger is marshall (not terry). havn't asked the owner where he gets the fingerlings from.

cheers
    rossco

fishingnottake

congratulations on the 500 raja,

thanks wamjam for the info thats were i get the cod for our restocking club , and ill have to have a look at the info on that tag rossco when i go down to the dam off brian as i was talking only the other day to brian from glen lyon about doing some tagging in our area and may be doing something soon about it. merry xmas guys. cheers bdowdy

would like to get into tagging my self but very hard when we don't have a fishing club in town , have tried to get some of the old guys that had a club going to get it up & running again but no luck so far.

cheers
    rossco

mate scotty i fished the dum river about 2 weeks ago and was flowing fast , would prob be fishing awesome now that its settled down a bit,. beebo weir well thats a new one as i fish to bonshaw weir and thats about how far i go. cheers and merry xmas bdowdy