Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cod 5 min from home

scott_b

Cod 5 min from home

Gday
    Mate and myself have been giving the local river a hit after work and early morning end up with over 30 cod in in a few days.
    wamjam

scott_b

Re: Cod 5 min from home

another

scott_b

another

scott_b

last one

nice fish wamjam, i caught a few the other day down the western side of tenterfield and will try to catch afew more this week as i work shifts. have you had much rain as all of my local fishing spots are flowing really well and could see abit of duck weed in the photos under the willows there, also what are you catching them on ,the fish i caught the other day wouldnt touch spinnerbaits but grabbed hardbodys in black and yellow. any how nice photos ill have to work out how to send some of mine in. bdowdy

scott_b

Gday bdowdy
    Mate we had some good storms ,the river is pretty dirty the last couple of days. The weed growing on the bottom is the worst part . Just been throwing hardbody's into the clearer parts under the willows . Black green and yellow homemade lures and mudeye's same colours are doing the damage.
    Going to Pindari tomorrow arvy if I survive the work xmas party tonight. See how we go.
    wamjam

scott_b

Sh;t I've just gone from red to blue on my name must be talking too much.
    wamjam

Nice fish there.... must get down to Cod country soon.... getting greenfish withdrawals.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

fishingnottake

how much do you think the second weighed? geez they look in good condition? did you eat any of them?

wamjam let us know how you went at pindari as i was going to fish there last weekend and ended up at sundown national park instead, caught afew but the beer tasted better in the heat. bdowdy

nice fish guys. heading to glenlyon after newyear for about a week might catch up if any you will be about than.

cheers rossco

scott_b

Gday
    Second fish approx 15lb or a bit better and no we didn't eat any.
    Pindari has a bit colour in it , looks a bit crappy and the wind blow like sh*t yesty arvo , end up with one cod about 5 lb.
    wamjam

i went this morning and the water was dirty in the creek , caught 8 cod but nothing of huge weight, prob about 6 pld. 3 on surface which is great fun and the rest on black and red spinnerbait. give me a yell next time your heading to pindari as i wouldnt mind going wiyh someone who knows the dam if thats okay, i have my own small tinny cheers bdowdy

scott_b

Gday rossco
    # # # # # Mate I wouldn't mind going up to Glenlyon , have never fished it.
    bdowdy would you be interested for a look?.
    # # # # # # # # # # #wamjam

gday wamjam, ive just got back from a early morn fish and got16 cod for the morning. 9 on surface and the rest on spinners. i may be fishing somerset after xmas but give me apm and ill let ya know if a glenlyon trip could be done. have caught anice 21lb cod last time iwas there and seen at least 20 fish up to60lb up near the caves. the fishing has been great around here lately. cheers bdowdy