Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cod 5 min from home

scott_b

Re: Cod 5 min from home

Jees mate 9 on surface that would have been fun , did you get many hits or did they swallow the lure straight up.
    Well done mate , wamjam

hi wamjam most hit once and then let the lure sit or twitched it and bam you were on. did get a few on the pause on retrieve but as isaid its all awesome fun. one fish just snapped me off on the first hit, would have loved to see how big it was as didnt even get the chance to feel weight. cheers bdowdy

Nice fish Wamjam,Have to take us out when we come down after chrissy..Guess it will be another case of ""shoulda been here yesterday""
    don't matter tho should be fun trying..
    the ol fella..

wamjam your lucky to live so close to good fishing like that. i travel 500 km to glenlyon dam about 3 times a year where we have an on site van.the condamine river is about 100km from home but has not cleared for about 8yrs,alot of big cod there, no sport catching them on setlines.will be at glenlyon about the 6th-14th jan week before full moon.

cheers
    rossco

scott_b

Quote Originally Posted by jimbamb
    Nice fish Wamjam,Have to take us out when we come down #after chrissy..Guess it will be another case of ""shoulda been here yesterday""
    don't matter tho should be fun trying..
    the ol fella..
    Gday
    Don't know what the fishing will be like ,we had a real good fresh through last week but should clear enough to smash something by the time you are down.
    #wamjam

nice looking fish!

Top fish

First timer on this site. The wife & I are heading down to Glenlyon on 14th Jan for a week. Haven't fished for cod before - am taking on board your tips, much appreciated by a novice like me. Was wondering with all the storms around, whether there has been any run into the dam - if so is this good or bad for fishing.

Russell

hi russell there has been some water coming into the dam and most fish were getting caught at the top of the dam before xmas but im fishing here this week and will let you know whats doing. bdowdy

bdowdy - thanks for the reply. am leaving on holidays on wednesday arvo. let you know how we went on our return. even if we only catch one of those green beauties, it will make the trip worthwhile.

Russell