Thread: Glenlyon Dam and Dumaresq River

Glenlyon Dam and Dumaresq River

just spent a week at Glenlyon Dam with dad and my friend george and his dad.
    bit windy the first couple of day so we went down to the dumaresq river, casting of the banks we caught 2 cod each, and one carp on lure.
    after a couple of days the wind eased up.
    day 3 on the first cast in the morning i got a yella and nothing for the rest of the morning.
    early day 5 we got a 61cm cod, 59cm cod , we lost about 20 too 25 lb cod be side the boat due to lack of experience from my friend George
    afternoon day 6 fishing was hot i caught 7 yellas and dad caught 1 jewy and realeased and lost a yella by the boat.

Re: Glenlyon Dam and Dumaresq River

Dumaresq River

river

7 yella's

Dad's cod in dam

George's dad cod dam

George Dam cod

Hey cod_buster.... Nice catch there bloke [smiley=thumbsup.gif] . How nid the yella's come? Bait or lures? Looks like the deep divers were the go fo the cod in Glenlyon.

Cheers Les

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

hi codbuster the photos are great, bet that carp went hard, ive yet caught one on a lure but a friend has caught afew down that area. any how sounds as though you had a good trip. bdowdy

well done, wat are the lures you were using?

g'day guys
    yella on bait last afternoon we were there just enough for a feed.

No1 stumpjumper Red/black
    Knols native Red/black
    Orrgee plow Yellow/ Black
    AC Invader Gold/Black scale,Red/black,Purple/Black

Yes the carp gave him some cause he had to pull him over a log.

Trip was most enjoyable can't wait to go back,works sucks.

cheers
    rossco

WOW! I wish my dad had taken me fishing at that age....and what great results. Thanks for the referral Rossco, sorry I just couldn't find the post initially...anyway, I'm glad I did. I'll give Darie a ring on Monday and book in me and the missus for the weekend after the long Australia day coming up. Hope to meet you blokes out there sometime
    Was out there in the cool months last year, everyone reckons it was too late for cod, and a nice couple from Ballina who were the only other boat out, landed a 27 lb monster on a Tenterfield Lures red Dart
    Regards
    Pete