Thread: Girl's 1st Bass

Girl's 1st Bass

Bought my daughter Bodhi a fishing rod for her 3rd birthday but she has only really began mastering casting since she turned four. This season she has shown extra interest and after a successful practice session casting yesterday said she wanted to bring her rod to the creek on a walk this arvo - cast it out herself (at good structure!) and came up trumps with a working curve in it and a nice bass attached to the other end which she played single handedly to the bank!

Fair to say dad is pretty proud!!!

My own lure fishing career also began at the age of four (see signature picture) but with a barra instead of a bass - hope to take Bodhi fishing in barra water in NQ later this year - perhaps she'll match (probably exceed) dad's start in fishing!!
    'Stick to fishing instead of fighting' - JC

Re: Girl's 1st Bass

Great to see dad take his daughter fishin. My daughter caught her first barra when she was 5 and I didnt have the camera to take a pic. Kate has just turned 13 and she still hasnt forgiven me for leaving the camera at home.

Staggy

thats brilliant

Top catch Bodhi [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

You go girl
    Keep up the good work, just don't be suprised if dad gets upset when you can catch fish better than him

Good on you Jim, there is nothing nicer than seeing a family fish together. We spend heaps of time around the dinner table reliving fishing trips and it always results in loads of laughter (my favourite medicine)

Here is a pic of my little ones first fish, mind you she was quickly grabbed by dad when she hooked up as this little fish nearly pulled her over the rail!! she was 2 then. She is now four and can do everything except tie tackle.

cheers
    al

Great to see

Well done

Louis

scott_b

Well done Bodhi

well done,it's great taking my son & his mates fishing can be the best part of the trip.

cheers
    rossco

well done bodhi , my son whos 3 just caught and released his first cod at4lb about a month ago. its great to see there faces light up .its what its all about. bdowdy

fishingnottake

that's fantastic, i think she beat my pb bass :|

Very good bass Bodhi, wish I could catch them like you!

Regards Kyle

Wonderful to see. Also found images of Rossco's son and mate a great example to others. I'm new to the site and haven't got a clue but know a few blokes who need a kick up the uknowhat because they leave the kids behind playing mind numbing games...anyway, maybe if I learn quick, I'l be able to teach my grand children ..(when I have some!)

go girls good fish