Thread: some upper kempsey bass

some upper kempsey bass

went fishing today in the upper reachers of the macleay right up amoungst some of the easyer to reach rapids
    and low and behold i still couldn't get way for the balasted bream ( Just how far up into the freash will bream go???)

Re: some upper kempsey bass

the lure that did most of the damage is a berkly drop shot in pearl watermelon rigged on a nitro das head (hole is made with a das cutter)

no soon had i released the bream and put another cast in when-

biggest of the day no record breaker but still any bass is a good bass

nice looking bass and last pic
    all up caught about 7 bass and 5 bream and a very nice day out on the water

g'day

Excellent pics mate sounds like you had a ball on the water!!!

Bye the way whats the sp you are using?? cant say i have seen them around? ( iff ya dont mind me asking)

Cheers

Matty

all it is (big secret time) is a berkley drop shot with a nitro das head inserted vis a hole made useing a das cutter but don't tell anyone

Ben@Tamworth

Basserman, I have caught bream, flathead and whiting as far upstream as the Sherwood bridge, but I haven't fished between Skillion Flat and Sherwood either - so can't say if they go further than there. How far up were you? I was in Kempsey that weekend too, only for a night though - didn't go fishing as I thought it had been too cold...

was up a little past greenhills
    it really spins me out how far up in a river these so call saltwater fish do go and are there more than just awhile but liveing and hunting there
    i need to say but without the bream it would of only been a ok day but when your catching a bass then a bream one of one it made for a good day

my biggest today
    to read all the action have a look under "afternoon yak spin" in the fishing reports section

Those bream will travel right up to the top of my local when we haven't had much rain. This last winter I was targeting them right up into the feeder streams.

Nice fish!

i think he is now Mod7