Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show us your international freshwater captures

Show us your international freshwater captures

Show us your pics of foreign freshies that are up for grabs if you are a travelling fisherperson.

Re: Show us your international freshwater captures

Here is a South Korean Northern snakehead taken from the heavily weeded pond in the background. This fish was only 62cm, about average size but they can grow to just over a metre.

cool fish, looks like a eel crossed saratoga. cheers bdowdy

This photo album contains some of my international exploits

http://www.fishnet.com.au/default.aspx?id=226

includes balck bass in PNG, Zander in Spain, Pike in France, Trout in India, Rainbow bass in Nicaragua plus a few others - most were caught while back packing around the world in 1997, carried two rods (heavy baitcaster and light spin stick - was a great way to9 meet locals in any culture

Regards - Jim
    'Stick to fishing instead of fighting' - JC

Realise need to use my member name Jim__Tait to search albums
    'Stick to fishing instead of fighting' - JC

scott_b

Gday
    # #This is a very small Sturgen from Canada. The guide showed me some pics of 12 footers and reaconned the average size was about 6-8 foot. He said the bigger ones take heaps of line off and do lots of tall walking. Rigs are broomstick tipe rods with deep sea reel, 80lb braid and mono leader.
    # # # # # #wamjam

Hi Guys,

Here's one of my first fresh water European pike, didnt weigh it, but it measured just under a meter, caught on a Rapala deep diving glass shad, Lake Geneva Switzerland.

And heres and even bigger one my girlfriend caught a few weeks later on a Mister twister type SP...

Last november we went to Costa Rica fro vacation and as well as some good inshore sea fishing we got to go fishing for Guapote (Rainbow Bass) and a few other species such as Tiger Bass and bream. Unfortunatly i diddn't have my fy rod with me as these are reputed top be great sport on a Fly!

So heres the first Rainbow Bass with the Areal Volcano in the background!

And here is a Tiger Bass my other half caught, at least this time I caught the biggest one!!! Only just though

How hard do those pike go? I'll put one of those on my wish list.

Here is a Giant Snakehead on popper , the place is Minburi - the outskirt of Bangkok - Thailand .

JonLi .
    It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so .
    Mark Twain .

Hi Sojourner,

The pike are real great fighters in Summer but get a bit lethargic in Winter! What you want to watch out for is the teeth when you unhook them, I am in general pretty careful but still have a small scar on my thumb from one! They are a fun fish to catch but pretty tricky I have spent many many hours even days possibly! casting in to likley looking spots without even a nibble!

Simon

Hi Sojourner,

The pike are real great fighters in Summer but get a bit lethargic in Winter! What you want to watch out for is the teeth when you unhook them, I am in general pretty careful but still have a small scar on my thumb from one! They are a fun fish to catch but pretty tricky I have spent many many hours even days possibly! casting in to likley looking spots without even a nibble!

Simon

Hi Sojourner,

Simon