Thread: Quick stop by the Brisbane river

Quick stop by the Brisbane river

On my way to Esk from Brisbane this morning, had the rod and some lures in the back of the suby so I stopped at the bridge outside Fernvale to have a quick flick. It was about 7am so a bit late in the day, but couldnt believe the life in the water there, splashes of bait fish and mullet all over the place. Caught sight of a lung fish taking a breath and tried to get a photo of him as he kept coming up every 10 mins or so, but when ever he came up I wasnt ready, anyway, just wanted to share some of the pics I got, sorry, no fish.

Just missed him

and again

chanquetas

Re: Quick stop by the Brisbane river

Good pics Canoedle. I havent been up that way for years, Id forgotten what it looked like.

The Hobie would be perfect for that sort of water m8, I thought of you as I was wishing I had my canadian with me. The weed beds along the bank over hanging branches make it very hard to cast from the bank.

looks really fishy........

Well done Canoedle! My Uncle lives in Tagoolawah which isnt too far from there, Fernvale and Esk are a nice part of QLD arnt they if you go any further west it gets abit .... . When im down at Somerset next with my Uncle i will have a crack at the River, it looks alright aye. Cheers.

TinarooTriumph
    TT