Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speckly

scott_b

Speckly

This is a crappy pic !!!!!, #but not a bad fish .
    # # #Went fishing for the arvo after work in march , two mates went down stream , I went up stream only 150mtrs .Hooked this nice fish ,had no one to take a good pic or nothing to measure with so I stood over it and got one quick pic and took a rough measurement with my rod. Unhooked the fish and setting the camera for time delay!, big splash fish gone. The fish swim away so it was all good. Measured my rod when I got home to see the fishes length!, 110cm.
    # # # # # # # # wamjam

Re: Speckly

thats a bloody nice fish wamjam. congrats, is it cooling off over there as weve already had afew minus 4s. cheers bdowdy

scott_b

Yeah mate its getting cool also had a -4 . Did your end up getting over to Pindari ?, thought you might have gone there for the fishing comp this weekend. Shame I didn't get a better pic of the fish probably a good thing it got away might of done me back in lifting it. Hows the fishing going over there with the cooler weather?.
    catch later wamjam

bloody good fish wamjam,was it a river fish or dam.

cheers
    rossco

scott_b

Gday rossco
    Bit of each mate its in the river at the moment but if the dam ever fills it will be part of the dam again. Bit heary trying to keep them out of the snags from the bank.
    wamjam

hi wamjam didnt know about pindari comp till late yesta arvo and my mate had to work but are keen still to head down to pindari, maybe getting too cold but now.havnt been doing alot since one of the boys at work decided he didnt want to work, so ive been doing overtime shifts. hi to rossco also how have you been mate,didnt make that beer, ended up fishing cressbrook at easter what did you end up doing. any way guys catch up soon bdowdy .

scott_b

Gday bdowdy
    I was the same ,mate had to work so I didn't worry about going. Was talking to Fletty (Mud eye lures) said a lot of small cod were caught and alot chasing lures to the boat. Best caught for the comp was 90 odd cm's and a few bigger lost. Thinking about heading out sat arvo for a look.
    wamjam

sounds like they had a alright weekend, if i wasnt fishing keepit and split rock this weekend i would have come down to pindari, was suppose to do a cod survey in the dumeraq river this weekend but had already planned the tamworth trip. catch you later bdowdy.

scott_b

Mate sounds good been talking about going to Splitrock myself. Let us know how you go.
    wamjam

Gday guys had vistors out for easter,so never had a chance to go fishing.went to awoonga & callide for two nights over anzac weekend ,mate john caught one at an meter, quite a few hook ups that wouldn't stay on.i never even got a hit using the same lures with 6x hooks.
    try to get to glenlyon first week in october if i have any holidays left son (cod_buster) got picked in swq soccer side today to play in townsville for qld trials ,more trials next weekend for touch football at chareville, bundaberg for a week if he gets picked there.

cheers
    rossco

scott_b

Gday rossco
    Think I seen some pics of the barra. Sounds like the young fella's good at soccer and touch as well as fishen.
    Good luck wamjam

Gday wamjam
    yes to bloody good at times,interfere with my fishing, loves his sport , fishing & pig hunting.wouldn't have it any other way.
    haven't posted any photo's of the barra yet,been slack.

cheers
    rossco

hi rossco youll be busy by the sounds of that, tell codbuster congrats,maybe now you can get some fish for yourself as last time he was telling me how he outfishes you, big barra wasnt it and afew cod. cheers bdowdy .

scott_b

Sorry rossco I went back and had a look ,the barra pics were around christmas .One had the real good air shot.
    wamjam

Gday guys
    yes bdowdy he is still out fishing me & lets me know it too, i think my skills lay in being the boat bitch at the moment.i will have the rods in the car for the trip to townsville,leave mum to look after him > & dad will go fishing .reminds me of a trip to glenlyon a few years ago,mate & I went down the river for the afternoon I caught 3 cod , mate couldn't get a touch so i gave him my lure to use picked another & put on, i caught the next fish mate wasn't happy, all he could say was " i didn't come all this way to be your photographer" , he did end up catching two.

wamjam
    i see in another post you got a couple of cvz 253's, nice reels. i picked one up last year from the usa for $288 landed

cheers
    rossco