Thread: somerset horses

somerset horses

a few pics from a recent trip to somerset. caught yellas off the bank on spinnerbaits and the bass were on a hot fire in the depths on plastics.

52cm

Re: somerset horses

Hugh's 10 pound yellowbelly

45cm bass

Neil's 40+ bass

double hook up with hugh's fish about 53cm biggest of the day and wide too!

this one wanted the revhead bad!!

lunch spot looking over the boat and water.

Awesome fish there guys, you said you got the yellas from the bank, i dont own a boat and want to chase some yellas, is there many caught there from the bank and are the spots easily accesable or do you need a boat?
    cheers
    Cheers,

Ben

Awesome fish there guys, you said you got the yellas from the bank, i dont own a boat and want to chase some yellas, is there many caught there from the bank and are the spots easily accesable or do you need a boat?
    cheers
    Cheers,

Ben

where about did you get these fish, we were up there 2 weeks ago and got 1 yellowbelly between 5 of us all weekend. not so succesfull. help would be good

yellahunter i think he meant that he caught the yellas casting towards the bank but i dunno

sorry guys,, yeah i meant that we got the yellas casting towards the bank, but yella hunter i see no reason why you couldnt get them casting of the bank as they are sitting along the drop offs. my neighbour used to fish from the bank with crays and worms and do very well mainly for the yellas. he used to find any rocky bank mainly near the spit end.

um bass00 we got the yellas and the bass in the bay 13 area.. try any shallowish slight sloping banks for the bass/yellas or the rocky ones mainly for the yellas.. seemed to get most right on the points too. try a wide range of colours though as i had about three folllow to the boat but wouldnt eat it.

and dont be concerned about not getting many fish as a mate of mine and neil as above went last week and also only got the one yella. carl jocumsen who should know it better than most only got a couple as well last week. we just hit it lucky that day.. on and off to quick that dam.

i have not got my sea legs yet, i get a lot of invites to go fishing off the coast, noe i am thinking they ask me only cause i berly the water for them, so maybe i should try fresh water fishing...very nice fish

great fish guys